Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Thanks to DVDTalk, DDD Came Through for me!!!

Old 12-12-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks to DVDTalk, DDD Came Through for me!!!

Well, if you've read some of the many, many, posts here ripping DDD I'd like to share my story. As I've stated previously in more than a few threads I was upset with DDD because I hadn't been given my 20% off, and I hadn't heard anything back from their CS. What had happend was I placed my order on Thursday night the 4th of Dec, and when I got to the checkout screen there was no field to enter my coupon code. I looked and looked but couldn't find one, clicked back, nothing. I clicked forward thinking I would see a coupon field on the last confirmation screen, but instead I found out I had made the order. I wasn't planning on making an order unless I actually got the 20% off, so I was pretty upset. I immediately e-mailed them and told them of the problem, and how the situation as created. I didn't get an autoreply, and didn't hear from them either. I e-mailed them again on Tuesday, and this time got an autoreply, but nothing from a person. I was pretty upset, and I came to the store forum to see many others had the same problem I did. I heard their phone CS was terrible as well, so I was ready to sit there and eat the loss. I was also ready to cross them off my list of good e-tailers. That was until I got this message from their CS today:

This is a message from [email protected] at DVD Talk Forum (
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/index.php ). The DVD Talk Forum owners cannot
accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

We will refund you $40.98 now.
Thank you.
Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscountDVD.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
[email protected]
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com
Well, thanks DDD and DVDTalk! Seeing as the CS representitive must be frequenting this board and seeing our complaints, I say they have GREAT customer service I'll certainly keep DDD on my good e-tailers list, and as I have said before I never had a problem with them till this 20% off coupon, and I can say now that I have never had a problem with them period. Kudos. Thanks many times. DDD is good! Now, I just hope I really see that refund in my account Hopefully those of you that are having problems with them will see yours fixed as well.

-BlasTech
Old 12-13-03, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just wondering instead of getting so upset why didn't you call them?
Old 12-13-03, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad to hear that CS representatives frequent this forum (it's not just DDDVD) and that all went well with you!
Old 12-13-03, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gator- I couldn't call as it was 2AM when I ordered and then I was on a flight to Chicago the next morning at 8.

victant- Yes, it is nice that the people whom we are all purchaing and working with know where to learn the 'inside scoop' isn't it!

-BlasTech
Old 12-13-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

To me, the most important thing is not whether or not things go wrong (EVERY etailer has had it's problems and complaints) - but how well they will follow up and resolve issues. Really glad they cam through for you !
Old 12-13-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remain troubled by the fact that Deep Discount DVD didn't resolve your problem until you posted about the problem here at DVD Talk, thus embarassing them publicly. This is not the first time this has happened here, and I myself was able to resolve a problem with Deep Discount DVD a while back only after I posted about it here.

What happens to people who have problems with Deep Discount DVD (or any other retailer that reads this forum) but don't know about DVD Talk?
Old 12-13-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Walter Neff
I remain troubled by the fact that Deep Discount DVD didn't resolve your problem until you posted about the problem here at DVD Talk, thus embarassing them publicly. This is not the first time this has happened here, and I myself was able to resolve a problem with Deep Discount DVD a while back only after I posted about it here.

What happens to people who have problems with Deep Discount DVD (or any other retailer that reads this forum) but don't know about DVD Talk?
I seriously doubt that there is that strong of a connection. I have seen a couple of people who remarked that they forwarded links to these threads in their CS email. I am sure that they would have addressed any issues anyway, but additionally, I'd imagine that they would also want to address the concerns that people in this forum (especially with our buying habits ). What better way to do it than to contact the posters who have had an issue (something that they obviously can't do with people who don't post here). I think it is just an extra step to close the issue out and to me, one that shows that they are, in fact, willing to go the extra mile to resolve problems.
Old 12-13-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by talemyn
I am sure that they would have addressed any issues anyway
I hope you're right. I'm not as sure as you are, but I do hope you're right.
Old 12-13-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Walter Neff
I hope you're right. I'm not as sure as you are, but I do hope you're right.
Well, I mean once they were made aware of the problem. I'm not so sure that they would have found it on their own, but once called or emailed, I'm sure that it would be addressed one way or another.
Old 12-13-03, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did have several e-mails into them and hadn't heard back, and the first time I heard from a human, and not an autoreply, it referred to this board. I do agree that they probably would have eventually solved the problem anyway. But, I'm glad they are at least monitoring these boards so they know where the consumers problems lie. Hopefully they are helping the other people running into problems as well.

-BlasTech
Old 12-13-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know what would be cool, is if they started polling us for feature and upgrade ideas for their site. Goodness knows we all know the site well enough to have an idea or two. Poll us for desired upgrades to the system and then throw us a discount to try out a beta site and tell them what we think (likes, dislikes, issues, bugs, etc.). Given the way this group flocks to a discount, I'm sure they'd get a good response.

Anyone out there from DDD listening??