Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD really crappy shipping

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD really crappy shipping

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-03, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by viscera
I ordered the Jurassic Park box set on Nov. 30th and it was said to be shipped on Dec. 3rd. I am still waiting for it today, Dec. 16th. A friend of mine ordered Meet Joe Black last week and recieved his DVD yesterday from DDD using free shipping as well. I've e-mailed DDD about this, I am concerned. I've had good luck with them before, I'm just worried about this one. Should I be? Or is this normal. This is only the 3rd time I've used DDD.
It has nothing to do with DDD. If there is any problem with it being late, it's because of USPS and their Media Mail . . . it can take forever . . . Unless it's for a Christmas present, I would wait until next week. There is a certain period of time that, if you still haven't received it, DDD will send out a new one to you. Unfortunately, I can't remember who long that time period is.

If it is a Christmas present, you can always try the much debated "buy it at a B&M, give that as a gift, and return the DDD version to the B&M when it arrives" approach. I'm not officially suggesting it . . . I'm just mentioning it.
Old 12-16-03, 11:14 PM
Cool New Member

What is the Jurassic Park 3 DVD movie DDD is selling? I never heard of it until I saw it the other day.
Old 12-17-03, 12:50 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Randall_Lind
What is the Jurassic Park 3 DVD movie DDD is selling? I never heard of it until I saw it the other day.
Are you referring to the JP3 or the JP Trilogy Box Set?

JP3 is the third movie in the Jurasic Park frenchise.

JP Trilogy Box Set is a set of all three JP movies plus a bonus disc (and a box to hold all 4 discs).
Old 12-18-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by viscera
I ordered the Jurassic Park box set on Nov. 30th and it was said to be shipped on Dec. 3rd. I am still waiting for it today, Dec. 16th. A friend of mine ordered Meet Joe Black last week and recieved his DVD yesterday from DDD using free shipping as well. I've e-mailed DDD about this, I am concerned. I've had good luck with them before, I'm just worried about this one. Should I be? Or is this normal. This is only the 3rd time I've used DDD.
With media mail, there's an element of chance as far as when an item will actually arrive. It is not uncommon for two items can ship at the same time, to the same address, and arrive a few days apart.
Old 12-22-03, 12:27 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I received part 1 of my order on Saturday, merely 6 days after it shipped by media mail. Not bad

They used a box just big enough to ship 6 keepcases worth of DVD with an 1" space on one side which they filled in with paper. Fortunately, the box didn't get banged up too much and the content is ok. No floaters.

If the box were to contain a slimy box set like Alien Quad, the outcome may be negatively different.

Now I'm waiting for my backorders (including a collector's box) to fill. Hopefully it will arrive safely when it ships.
Old 12-22-03, 04:09 PM

Is it common to have to wait this long? I ordered four DVD's and they said they shipped them on Dec. 7th and that it should take 7-10 business days. It has now been 11 business days and still nothing. Is this normal?
Old 12-22-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Media mail from Illinois to California always takes the longest.
Old 12-22-03, 05:11 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The media mail from IL to OR took 6 days in my case. Probably just lucky
Old 12-22-03, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by randy1320
Is it common to have to wait this long? I ordered four DVD's and they said they shipped them on Dec. 7th and that it should take 7-10 business days. It has now been 11 business days and still nothing. Is this normal?
Your DVD's should arrive any day now. My two shipments from the 8th were both received on the 17th.
Old 12-23-03, 02:43 AM

My order status is still pending. The backordered titles are

Alias season 1-2
Band of Brothers set
Fantasia Anthology
Once Upon the Time in the West
Digital Video Essentials
Starship Trooper Superbit
Monsters Inc.
A Bug's Life CE

The order status page said that all of these were supposed to ship on 12/15/2003 but so far I have heard nothing. Anyone here is waiting for any of these titles. I am getting restless since I am running out of new titles to watch during the holidays.
Old 12-23-03, 06:47 AM

Originally posted by syphon00
so what's the exchange experience like with DDD?
and no my package was not opened, I have a locked mailbox
Call them to report the floater dvd. Sometimes they will ship out another immediately and sometimes they will want you to ship them back the defective dvd before they send out another. If they do the former, request that they ship it priority mail at no charge. If they do the latter, I found it faster to just order another copy and ask them to ship it priority mail at no charge and tell them you will be sending the defective dvd back for a refund. I sent a defective dvd back for a refund and it takes about 1-2 billing cycles for the credit to appear. They should also send you a shipping label for the defective dvd.
Old 12-23-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by hoyalawya
My order status is still pending. The backordered titles are

Alias season 1-2
Band of Brothers set
Fantasia Anthology
Once Upon the Time in the West
Digital Video Essentials
Starship Trooper Superbit
Monsters Inc.
A Bug's Life CE

The order status page said that all of these were supposed to ship on 12/15/2003 but so far I have heard nothing. Anyone here is waiting for any of these titles. I am getting restless since I am running out of new titles to watch during the holidays.
I received a shipping notice for Once Upon a Time in the West last week. But that's the only title I have in common from my backorder list.
Old 12-23-03, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got my order yesterday, though it did take longer than usual. Alias 1 & 2, and West Wing shipped on 12/9 and received 12/22. Well packaged too, I might add.
Old 12-23-03, 11:30 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Two orders during the , part of one back-ordered. All shipped as notified. No floaters. No Scratches. I've never had problems ordering from DDD, so there're great in my book.
Old 12-23-03, 01:40 PM

Well, it has now been 16 days, 12 business days and still nothing. I'm gonna stick with amazon. At least when I order something from them with free shipping, it doesn't take forever to get here, and I get a UPS or USPS tracking number. Media Mail is such crap.
Old 12-23-03, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by randy1320
Well, it has now been 16 days, 12 business days and still nothing. I'm gonna stick with amazon. At least when I order something from them with free shipping, it doesn't take forever to get here, and I get a UPS or USPS tracking number. Media Mail is such crap.
I'm not the defender of DDD, but my Warner Legends set took over a month after release to ship from Amazon, so they aren't perfect either (and usually I get a tracking number from Amazon, but not always).
Old 12-23-03, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus.

If you guys are so concerned with the speed of getting things to you, then pay the $4 or $5 and get expediated shipping.
Free shipping is obviously going to be as cheap as possible.

Also, they ran a 20% sale, which hit Something Awful, DVDTalk, and Fat Wallet (and countless others), those 3 alone probably placed a few THOUSAND orders. H ow many of us placed 3 orderds (one for each coupon). ?

THe shipping is going to be slow. So is processing.

I placed 2 orders and both arrived AOK. As did most peoples.

Don't bitch them out publicly here unless they're raped your wife and kidnapped your baby. Just email/phone them with your displeasure and I'm sure you'll be taken care of.
Old 12-23-03, 04:37 PM

DDD actually did not take long to send out my order, only a couple of days. What bugs me is having to wait this long because their free shipping is done through media mail, which takes forever. When I order something from amazon, even a couple of DVDs, they send them via UPS and it's FREE. They arrive within a couple of days. Hell, amazon even shipped me a set of power tools I ordered, that weighed quite a bit, FREE via UPS and it arrived within the week. It sucks to have to wait this long, I'm glad none of the DVDs I ordered were Christmas gifts.
Old 12-23-03, 07:45 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Amazon sends it media mail with delivery confirmation, and that moves a whole lot faster than just plain media mail.
Old 12-23-03, 08:03 PM

Does DDD respond to e-mail? It's been over a week and I haven't heard from them regarding my request for exchange of a damaged disc. Maybe I should call?
Old 12-24-03, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by yiinhc
Does DDD respond to e-mail? It's been over a week and I haven't heard from them regarding my request for exchange of a damaged disc. Maybe I should call?
I e-mailed them a few days ago, still no response.
Old 01-01-04, 02:56 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received the second part of my order on Monday, which was shipped out on the previous Monday
Old 01-01-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally posted by Thunderball

Don't bitch them out publicly here unless they're raped your wife and kidnapped your baby.
WTF!?
Old 01-01-04, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Daytripper
WTF!?
Well, I'm not sure I would have used the same wording, but the sentiment that some people seem to be a tad sensitive with their complaints, I agree with. Issues that I see about the issues that other people have:

1) Media Mail - Part 1: People complaining about DDD using Media Mail for free shipping . . . it's free!!! How can you complain about things that you get for free?!?!

2) Media Mail - Part 2: People complaining about the length of shipping time between the fulfillment center and their doorstep/mailbox taking too long. Last time I checked, the USPS were the ones actually in charge of moving the mail from one place to another. Why would you complain about DDD in relation to this?

3) Pre-emptive Complaints: People observe problems an order and complain about it before talking to the DDD people about A) what has actually happened, and/or B) what DDD is going to do to resolve it. Why would you bad mouth a company before knowing these kinds of details?

I realize that there are other, valid complaints that do not fall into these catagories . . . I have no problems with them. I just find complaints like the ones I listed above to be unfair, undeserved, and excessive.