DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   How was your experience with the DDD 20% off coupons? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/335051-how-your-experience-ddd-20%25-off-coupons.html)

talemyn 12-11-03 02:30 AM

How was your experience with the DDD 20% off coupons?

I have a sneeking suspicion that the majority of people on DVDTalk are actually more satisfied with the big DDD "coupon-a-thon" that all of the complaint threads would indicate. I thought it would be interesting to see what the numbers looked like.

jrobinson 12-11-03 03:22 AM

there are items I am positive I ordered, but they're not in my order. :confused:

still awaiting to hear back from customer service...

muggins 12-11-03 03:26 AM

All of the items I ordered were shipped rather quickly, and they arrived on Monday.

I'm incredibly happy. No problems whatsoever.

dvdirv 12-11-03 07:22 AM

I just received email that the last of my backordered items were shipped yesterday.

I was very surprised that they shipped "out-of-stock" items in just a week! :)

Pato1 12-11-03 07:43 AM

Pleased with this go around despite the slow service. My b/o dvds are starting to ship and hopefully they will make it here before 12/24

Yakuza Bengoshi 12-11-03 08:02 AM

I selected "Pleased. All of my orders are not yet complete, but I am very confident that everything will turn out just fine."

Although some of my orders still show processing, and all of my orders contain backordered items, I have no doubt that all orders will eventually be processed, shipped, and received, and I am confident that if there is any problem with any of the items, DDD will make it right.

lisadoris 12-11-03 08:22 AM

Everything arrived yesterday so I'm happy. It took a minute or two for the order to go from In Process to Shipped but my credit card company may have had something to do with that.

matome 12-11-03 08:25 AM

It's been over a week since I ordered my "In-stock" discs and they both still list as "In Process." :down:

Brian Shannon 12-11-03 08:47 AM

After I saw all the furor I tried to get on their site.

The search function is awful, the page layouts are even worse from what little I saw.

I am trying to shop from work on a T1 and gave up trying to wait for pages to load.

Good luck to all you that actually were able to spend money.

D-Ball 12-11-03 09:28 AM

I'm pleased. Many of my titles still haven't shipped, but I was expecting the delays. For the dvds I bought as Christmas gifts, I paid for faster shipping and received that order last week.

BlasTech Industries CEO 12-11-03 10:46 AM

Only one of my items has shipped. Most are listed as back ordered, although at the time of purchase they weren't. Also, when I went to apply my coupon there was no place to apply it. I've ordered from DDD many times and never had a problem. Yet, when I went to use the coupon, couldn't find the field. (this was on the 4th of Dec) and I e-mailed CS immediately to inquire about why I didn't have a coupon field (my Norton Internet Security feature sometimes decides to not allow certain features of webpages to not load such as the 'new thread' buttons here at DVDtalk, until I manually allow them inside the program) and asked them to apply the coupon. Still haven't heard back. Nothing else has shipped. And my order just sits there. Who knows. I've had no problems with them in the 30 or so DVDs I've ordered in the past....

-BlasTech

jw2299 12-11-03 11:23 AM

I've never had problems with them until now. I made an order of $124. A box set that was $81 and three dvd's that made up the rest. I paid with my paypal check card which draws money straight from my paypal account where my ebay earnings are kept. When I placed my order, the account was charged $124, no problems. But on the day my order shipped they charged me an addtional $81, which made the account go in the red, so the order was cancelled. They then refunded the original $124, and charged me $43 for the remaining 3 dvds.

What happened was that the $81 box set was back ordered, so they were going to refund my money, then charge me for the items that were shipping seperately. But the charged me again before refunding my money, which made the $81 order cancel. I emailed them on Tuesday evening, but haven't heard back yet.

So, i'll have to hold my vote until I see if I get all of my dvd's.

Laser Movies 12-11-03 12:00 PM

So far I am pleased but will vote later since I haven't received any orders. But the reason I am pleased with DDD is that they shipped most of my 3 orders, few backorders, and charged me the correct price. Just want to be sure nothing is lost, damaged, or missing before voting.

Rainman15 12-11-03 12:00 PM

All but one of my DVDs shipped...overall I'm pleased

cross 12-11-03 01:00 PM

I placed 4 orders .. I've recieved 3 and my last order which contained 4 back ordered items , 2 have already shipped.

I'm satisfied and midly ammused.

Low RG 12-11-03 01:33 PM

3 of 4 of my orders are on the way, no problems here. DDD will continue to recieve my business :D

calhoun07 12-11-03 08:02 PM

I got up early on the Tuesday of the week the special was on and placed my order since I knew things would probably go out of stock real soon. I saved a TON of money. I placed the same items in my cart at amazon.com to just get a comparison, and I saved well over 250.00. If I went by the full SRP at DDDVD, I saved far more than that. I caught up on several season sets I've been putting off due to money issues, and I got them all in just a couple days (I paid for two day shipping, which was only seven dollars more, which wasn't much considering how much I ordered). I even got a good bulk of my Christmas shopping done.

If you don't have unrealistic expectations of when they should get in your back ordered DVD and if you use free shipping you are prepared it can and very well may take up to ten business days to get it, then I think you will be satisfied. Faster methods of shipping are available from them if that's ever a problem. But I can honestly say that every time I have ordered from them, it's been with miminal hassel. The only time I thought they took too long to get a package to me was last year at Christmas time, and I understand during this sale they were going a bit slower, and I suspect that's because they just had that many more orders to fill, but not enough employees to cover the extra work load.

Darren Garrison 12-11-03 10:46 PM

Ordered 12 items, 10 have already shipped.

MrX 12-12-03 01:53 AM

Pleased

I only had 1 order that had a couple of tv show sets and 3 movies that I made after midnight on Dec 2nd and I just got the email tonight that it shipped. The only thing that was backorderd was my Ken Burns:Civil War set.

With how much money I saved having to wait an extra week isn't that big a deal to me.

ntuc 12-12-03 02:13 AM

at first in process, then now it is cancelled and i dun even know it until i log into my account. last time using ddd. no worth my trouble.

onebyone 12-12-03 05:03 AM

The sale was totally worth it and my Hitchcock Criterions have shipped (although many others haven't and CSRs won't respond) and that is good, but yeah, their customer service is terrible and I have a few issues I am going to be sorting out with them for awhile. I am not going back unless they have another big sale like that or they are WAY under anyone else, like they are with Profiler season one and two. Otherwise, I am willing to pay more for more dependable service.

Dave C 12-12-03 09:29 AM

Quick turnaround on a Bond collection

sracer 12-12-03 10:01 AM

I'm awaiting the arrival of a few Christmas gift DVDs... but I have to say that I would prefer that DDD not do any more promotions like this unless they are staffed and have the network infrastructure to support the growth in business.

DDD has been extremely reliable and responsive in the past for me... and the prices were quite acceptable. I prefer to have that overall service/pricing than lower prices at the expense of service/turnaround.

GatorDeb 12-12-03 11:40 AM

I'd rather they DO have specials like these again.

RevKarl 12-12-03 03:00 PM

Another "pleased" vote. Most of my stuff has shipped (even some of the backorders) & I've already received about 60% of my orders. My only slight concern is that one "in-stock" disc went OOS as they were putting my first shipment together and I'm afraid it might get "orphaned." (If I don't get a shipping notice for it by Christmas, I'll just call them to check it's status.)