Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

BestBuy.com not honoring ads

Old 12-10-03, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BestBuy.com not honoring ads

As posted in the Bargains form, Best Buy's ad this week is offering an instant $40 rebate on the purchase of all five M*A*S*H* (TV) box sets (each set is on sale for $29.99.) However, when I tried to order the sets online, the best rebate available was $25 off any four.

I called BestBuy.com's customer service to see if they would fix/override the rebate price, but the CS couldn't and offered to have a supervisor call/email me. Well, today the guy called and argued that even though the ad is available on their website & is hotlinked to their page specific to these items, they were under no obligation to honor their own advertised price. (No, the ad for these discs didn't have an "in-store" price exclusive tag.)

Well, I can live w/o these DVDs and I'm sure Bestbuy.com thinks it can live w/o me. (K-Mart and Wards sure thought so.)

Last edited by RevKarl; 12-10-03 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-10-03, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BB.com seems to be some sort of separate entity. There are a lot in instances where the stores don't honor website stuff and vice versa. Also, RewardZone won't give you points for website orders.

Who knows what the hell they're doing-I don't think they do...
Old 12-10-03, 08:42 PM

Yeah , I've had issues trying to get the B&M to match the BB.com prices and vice versa.

The CSRs I've talked to basically say, prices between the 2 vary and there's nothing they can or will do about it.
Old 12-10-03, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

BB.com CSRs can't do anything. The only thing they can do is log into your account and try to order exactly the same way you do.

I found this too lame to believe.
Old 12-11-03, 06:33 AM

sounds about right for worst buy. They are really going downhill fast. The only thing keeping them going is the arrogance of the circuit city staff.