Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD says it was shipped, but no email or change in order status.

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-03-03, 12:05 AM

I called DDD today to cancel a DVD from my order, the ship date is 12/3. She said it was shipped already, but I'm still waiting for email confirmation and order status still says "In Process" with 12/3 ship date. Is there a lag?
Old 12-03-03, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds like the same story DDD gave me regarding my order. I called to cancel three DVDs from an order and the CSR claimed it was already shipped. She even said that all backordered items were also shipped. However the status on the site indicated it is still in process.
Old 12-03-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I do believe the status on the site can take 24 hours to be updated correctly. If they are telling you it shipped already, it may merely be in the process of being picked & packed and too late to (easily) cancel.
Old 12-04-03, 09:02 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

they dun update in real time. it happened to me and i am so angry!
Old 12-04-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

when they told me the same BS, i got an email about a week later confirming it, and that's when they actually shipped it. they were just getting me off the phone. god i hate DDD. that's what i get for being a cheap bastard. none of my coupon orders have shipped, been about a week now.
Old 12-04-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DVDKrayzie
when they told me the same BS, i got an email about a week later confirming it, and that's when they actually shipped it. they were just getting me off the phone. god i hate DDD. that's what i get for being a cheap bastard. none of my coupon orders have shipped, been about a week now.
I never really believed DDD shipped my order as they claimed. So far the status on the site remains the same since placing it almost a week ago. Never received any email confirmation that it shipped, or has my credit card been charged. Also it doesn't appear if any out of stock items are now in stock as they claimed. I am starting to wonder if much of anything I ordered is really in stock. But I do think for some reason DDD gave me the run around to prevent me from cancelling any portion of my order. I have a feeling this is going to be one of many threads over the next several weeks complaining about DDD's service.