DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Total Action Universe Still Up Ans Sending Stuff Out? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/333221-total-action-universe-still-up-ans-sending-stuff-out.html)

MasterofDVD 12-02-03 12:27 PM

Total Action Universe Still Up And Sending Stuff Out?

I was wondering if anyone here has received anything from Total Action Universe lately.

My last X-Files set last lost in transit so I've been working on getting them to send me another one. I was told they would ship a new one over a week ago via express mail to make up for the first lost shipment. I've still received nothing,

I've tried calling for 2 days and I e-mailed them a number of times yesterday. I have yet to hear anything back.

I'm getting worried about my order.

MasterofDVD 12-03-03 02:15 AM

Just to update my own thread a bit.

I just now received this from TAU:

We have had to re-order some stock in and your order has been confirmed to re-shipped as of tomorrow morning. Please accept our apologies for the delay as it turns out a number of shipments have either "bounced" back to us or have gone missing. First we suspected it was a delay with customs due to the scares and extra precautions where it would basically "sit on the shelf" until inspected. Inquiries have been placed on the prior shipments. If the original shipment does turn up please just give us a call or email letting us know, once again our apologies for the delays.

So an order that was going to be reshipped on 11/24 isn't going out till the morning of 12/3. Yeah....that makes sense.

I responded as nicely as I could telling them that I was glad they were working on getting my stuff to me but I can't believe it's taking this long. I was assured my stuff would ship on 11/24 and as far as I knew it had.

All I really want is some way to track my package so I can rest a bit easier. I asked them once again if they were going to ship it in a manner that had a tracking number. Maybe I'll hear back from them in a week or so.....that is if they have shipped my item.

Kechulater 12-05-03 09:49 AM

MasterofDVD, I am in the same boat as you. I ordered an X-Files
boxed set and another disc and was e-mailed on 11/4 they had shipped. Well, it is December 5th and I have not received the shipment. Nobody picks up the phone there or returns any e-mails. I have ordered from them in the past and they have been excellent. At this point, if I don't receive the package by the time I receive my next credit card statement I am going to have the charge removed from my credit card. Any other suggestions on how to get ahold of these guys?

MasterofDVD 12-05-03 10:12 PM

Phones calls seem completely useless so don't even bother with that.

I just flood them with e-mails. I send the same e-mail about a dozen times. I add read receipts to the e-mail and make them high priority. It helps a bit to know when they are getting and reading their mail.....even if it does still take a long time to hear back from them.

For the final season I'm ordering from DVDSoon or some other Canadian site.

MasterofDVD 12-11-03 01:03 PM

I flooded them with about 30 e-mails last night and today I received an answer...two of them actually:

Dear Thomas,
As the prior email replacements have been sent out, I am really sorry and certainly don’t blame you for the frustration but as the end goal is for you to receive your order we did shift most staff into shipping. I can also confirm your replacement is on it’s way, you may get a call from the postal company to confirm the first shipment did not arrive (this is just part of the enquiry we opened on the original shipment). Once again please accept our apologies and as said you will receive your order!

and

Dear Thomas,
It did turn out the method to post parcels to a number of countries has changed; as a result many packages got delayed & returned to us. We have had a number of product re-ordered along with yours and have either re-shipped or about to in the next couple days. Our apologies for the delay but please be assured you will receive your order!

The first one made me feel a bit better about my order. Then the second one really ticked me off again. So my order still might not be on the way. Calling them is pretty much useless but I'm going to try a few more times.

Kechulater 12-16-03 02:05 PM

MasterofDVD I am still with you brother waiting for my shipment.
I got the same canned response you got on your second dear thomas paragraph. Roy is the name of the person who has responded to my e-mails. I asked yes or no has my order shipped and if not when. He has not answered these questions yet. I sent him one last e-mail today asking for info and if I don't get my questions answered I will sick my credit card company on them. Too bad, they must be going through some turmoil. I have used them in the past with good results.

MasterofDVD 12-20-03 09:58 PM

My set arrived from them yesterday and it's staying here. If they want it back they can contact me. I'm done trying to call them and work this out. The ball is in their court now.

And it figures my luck with DVDSoon.com is crappy as well. They give me a tracking number that is completely useless once it leaves Canada. I have no idea where it is but I'm guessing it'll be here Monday or Tuesday.

zurdo 01-03-04 07:18 PM

I also ordered from them last November, the X-FILES SEASON EIGHT DVD BOX SET, and still haven't received it yet. I've tried to get in contact with them but it's just impossible. I've sent at least 10 messages and never received a reply from them. I even got my bill for it, which was charged to my credit card, and paid for it already.

Now, does anyone know if I could get my credit back to my credit card?...even if I paid for my order already?...I just gave up on TAU and want my money back...I really don't know how to get a response from them...very unprofessional in how they handle customer service. I will never, ever, buy from them again.

unbeeleebable 01-04-04 08:14 AM

Just contact your card issuer and explain non delivery and you will receive a refund immediately.

zurdo 01-04-04 08:42 PM

Thanks, I will try that and see what happens...

cybermeez 01-05-04 01:49 PM

Total Action Universe a Bunch of Thieves

I ordered the X-Files season 8 set from them back during the 1st week of November and got squat. They wasted no time charging my debit card but it's been impossible to get my $100 back. I tried calling repeatedly and it just rang and rang and rang. No one ever answered either the long distance or toll free number. I also e-mailed repeatedly and got no response.

I finally e-mailed and threatened to sue and got a response saying they had problems with their e-mail and phone systems, but everything was now fixed (yeah, right). They stated that my order was shipped and I'd recieve it with in a week (I'd paid extra for expidited shipping). Nothing ever came. Several weeks ago I sent another e-mail telling them I was tired of the runaround and wanted my money back. They said the had to trace the package through Canada Post first and would then issue me a credit within 45 days of when they claim it was originally shipped. It's now January (waaay past 45 days) and I've gotten no DVDs or my $100 refund.

WARNING: NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM TOTAL ACTION UNIVERSE! THESE GUYS ARE TOTAL CONS AND WILL JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!

Kechulater 01-05-04 08:15 PM

Well, I finally gave up. I e-mailed TAU that I was cancelling my order after almost 2 months after the alleged ship date. I got an e-mail back 3-4 days later more or less saying they understood and if the package showed up at my door I could return it for a full refund or keep it. I notified my credit card company and they will be taking the appropriate steps to credit my account after they receive all pertinent facts of my case in writing. If by some miracle I receive a package it is going right back. TAU must have some financial problems because they were very good the handful of times I have ordered from them in the last 2 years. Or maybe the issue is with X Files season 8 which is what I ordered also. Things that make you go hmmmmmm........

cybermeez 01-06-04 07:36 PM

Good luck....you'll need it. I contacted my bank over a month ago and TAU has refused to even respond to the inquiry. Sent another e-mail to TAU yesterday letting them know that I think 2 months has been more than enough time for them to issue me a refund. Here's the reply I got:

"We are very well aware of the problems with shipping in the last few months and taking the matter very seriously. You must understand there is literally hundreds of shipments that got delayed or turned around for one reason or another, each and every one of these have to then of course be replaced but the shipping company has a stern policy of 45 days before we can even open an enquiry/claim for lost shipments.

Also with your bank sending it's reversal charges the request was for delivery, however we both know you haven't received your order so we didn't respond allowing the charge back to be done by your bank. Once you contacted them it was taken out of your hands and now into theirs."

Oh I see! It's MY fault I haven't gottten a refund. Right. Well, I wonder if they will still think it's my fault when officers from the RCMP show up at their door to investigate the fraud charges I'm going to file with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center?

zurdo 01-26-04 11:04 PM

I have finally received my X-FILES: SEASON EIGHT DVD BOX SET after two and a half months since I placed my order...I even called my Credit Card company and filed a dispute form for a refund just three days ago...well, at least I got my set now...I will never order from this store ever again...after going for all this trouble, they are not worth my time and money...

MasterofDVD 01-28-04 12:53 AM

I never got a thing from them and I will never go near that site ever again!

I'll find another store to buy my last X-Files set from.

DVDSparky 02-07-04 07:08 PM

I made a purchase from Total Action Universe in late November.

The Order was filled early December and charged to my credit card.

It is now two months later and my order has still not arrived.

I too got the same shipping problem reply from "Roy" as Kechulater and MasterofDVD and now they are not replying.

Total Action Universe may have great prices but in my opinion it is not worth all the worry and time spent trying to get your order.

I will go back to using Deep Discount DVD who have been prompt and professional with all my orders.

MasterofDVD 02-08-04 01:00 AM

Sorry to hear you also got bent over the table. I really wish I knew what their problem really is. I can't imagine them being around much longer with all these problems.

I'm still going to find a store in the Great White North to buy this last X-Files set from but after that I'll only buy from online sites I know....and Wal-Mart where my discount comes in handy for box sets. :D

Kechulater 02-11-04 11:23 PM

I finally complained to my credit card company and they promptly credited my account plus interest. DVDSparky I suggest you do the same.

Bitgod 02-24-04 05:57 PM

Poo, I was wondering what was up with them, I ordered The Babylon 5 Season 4 set from them and I've never heard anything from them, finally tried emailing them and still haven't heard anything back.

Dunno what happened to them, they used to be ok dealers, I've bought stuff from them in the past including an Angel set that had a scratched disc and had no problem getting that replaced by them.

houtx67 03-02-04 01:49 PM

I have a missing order, too. I've emailed and spoken to Roy on a number of occasions. Each time he promised me that the order was at least partially in stock and would ship via air freight for no charge. Every time I spoke again to him he said he couldn't verify that it had shipped. The last time he explicitly told me to call back the next Tuesday and then no one answered the phone all day. There is still no answer. Their website claims they are moving, but that has been up for awhile with no update, and the new releases listed are now old. I think they may have secretly folded and are hoping for people to wait until it's too late to file a claim for a return. It's too bad, since I previously really enjoyed buying from them.

Bitgod 03-03-04 06:44 PM

Yeah, businesses tank sometimes, even when they do good. Oh well, started my claim with my credit card company now. I blame Canada. :)

ladymacb29 04-06-04 07:28 PM

Total Action Universe

Don't order from them anymore... They used to be good, but now they're apparently moving and not sending out orders, not answering phone calls or replying to emails. I ordered a DVD beginning of January and when I called mid-Feb they said it would be sent out that week. Still nothing. I'm still trying to get an email from them saying that they have cancelled my order so if there's any problem with them billing me in the future, I have proof it was actually canceled.

Don't buy from Total Action Universe!

Kechulater 05-06-04 03:17 PM

I could not get the TAU websight to come up today. Maybe it's a temporary problem or maybe their history considering all the issues they were having in the last 6 months. They were good for awhile....