DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   PayPal Payment from Canadian Buyer? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/332319-paypal-payment-canadian-buyer.html)

rkndkn 11-26-03 03:41 PM

PayPal Payment from Canadian Buyer?

I'm in the U.S. with a Personal Account with PayPal. How would a Canadian buyer go about sending me funds in U.S. currency? Can they use their linked bank account, and just specify that they want to pay in U.S. currency? Is there any charge to either of us for a currency conversion?

Browsing the PayPal site was a little confusing, and thank you in advance for any info! :)

jarsim 11-26-03 04:20 PM

with PayPal, you can send US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, Yen and GB Pounds Sterling. It's been that way for awhile.

BigT 11-27-03 05:58 AM

If you have a PAYPAL Personal account, then you can't accept payments funded by credit card. The buyer must have the funds in his PAYPAL account or be able to transfer the funds from a bank account. PAYPAL does not allow the later option in all foreign countries, but I certainly would expect that Canada is allowed.

If your buyer cannot do either of the above, you can't get paid through PAYPAL unless you upgrade your account to Premier to allow credit card funded payments (I highly recommend that you do so). You will be charged a small fee for the privilege, though.

Norm de Plume 11-28-03 04:32 PM

I have ordered from the States using a credit card with PayPal. No problem whatsoever.

rkndkn 11-29-03 03:45 AM

Thanks for the info!

The buyer figured out how to send payment in U.S. funds.

For some reason, I have never been able to get PayPal to verify me. I went through the whole process of linking my checking account, reporting back the small deposits they made, etc. and they wouldn't verify me. And it's impossible to get a personalized response from them. They sent me several form responses which had nothing to do with my situation. My sending limit is getting awfully low, however, so I've recently opened another checking account and will try again with this one. Once verifiied, I will probably upgrade to the Premiere account.

Troy Stiffler 11-29-03 03:59 PM

Originally posted by rkndkn
For some reason, I have never been able to get PayPal to verify me.
Has your bank account ever been on another PayPal account?

rkndkn 11-29-03 10:29 PM

No, it hasn't. I opened a separate checking account at a different bank expressly for PayPal verification because I didn't want to use my "major" checking account. The bank was puzzled why I couldn't get verified because some of their other customers could. Really strange.

A couple weeks ago, I opened a third checking account at a 3rd bank so I can try again. Thought I'd wait a little while to try again in case it's something to do with the account being brand new.