Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy raises prices AGAIN?

Old 11-22-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best Buy raises prices AGAIN?

last tuesday when i was in Best Buy i noticed workers in the aisles changing prices, at the time i didnt know whether they were raising them or lowering them, but looking around there today, and hearing from other people, they did indeed raise their prices again. the formerly 9.99 DVDs are now 10.99, such as Used Cars and Truman Show. it looks like a $1 increase on most DVDs, the old 9.99 prices remain on the website. i also noticed Natural Born Killers is now 25.99, $1 more than list price and $3 more than the BB website.

when the workers were in the aisles i heard them saying something about how adding $1 per DVD would bring in alot more money, i didnt think at the time that was what they were doing, but indeed they have. i used to enjoy going into BB and picking up DVDs but if i needed one last reason to start ordering online, besides the recent horrible non-stocking of any non-matrix/LOTR relase, this was it. bye best buy.
Old 11-22-03, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They seem to do that around this time of year. I remeber 2 or 3 years ago just about every Dvd that was 14.99 went up to 17.99 and then in Jan/Feb the prices went back down at my BB. I guess they figure people will just pay the extra at this time of year and they make more money.
Old 11-22-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hay at least some of the cd's are now 9.99!

^^sarcasm^^