Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix Trial Period 10 day?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-19-03, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know what their standard free trial period is these days? I signed up recently and I thought it was for a month. Now they're telling me it was for 10 days only.
Old 11-20-03, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 321 Likes on 239 Posts
I looked at the Netflix site...can't find out without signing up for one. However, the following is in their terms of service:

Free trials are only available to first time customers of the Netflix service and cannot be combined with any other offer. Only one free trial may be redeemed per household. You must have Internet access and a valid credit card to redeem a free trial offer. Upon registering for your free trial, your credit card will be authorized for approximately one month of service. No charges, however, will be made against the card unless you do not cancel prior to the end of your free trial period.
Sounds like they promised a month of service for free...I'd complain.
Old 11-20-03, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Netflix Trial Period 10 day?

Originally posted by Johnny Angell
Anyone know what their standard free trial period is these days? I signed up recently and I thought it was for a month. Now they're telling me it was for 10 days only.
What are you saying? It sounds like they promised 30 days but when you went to cancel they claimed the trial was only ten. If you go through Best Buy or other places I thought the trial was two weeks? Can anyone explain this? Four weeks, two weeks, ten days... if you don't know the length of the trial how can you quit before the trial period ends? I was going to try this but it's looking like a good place to avoid.
UPDATE:
OK, I signed up for Netflix and it CLEARLY said two weeks and even specified the day the trial ended. Nothing ambiguous about that.

Last edited by Easy; 11-20-03 at 01:26 PM.