Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Bailey's Cross Roads Va : Worst store EVER!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-11-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've posted here before my bad experiences with the Best Buy in Bailey's Cross Road's Virginia, but continued to shop there for several reasons. First, it's the most convenient store for me to get to. And their prices are the lowest (Best Buy in general). My main problem with them has been that they never have many new titles the day they are released. And sometimes it takes days, even weeks, before they get them. But after today, I will never step foot in that store again. I called them the moment the store opened and asked if they had a title in stock that was released today. After being put on hold for a few minutes they came back and said "Yes, we have several copies". I went immediately to the store. And was there literally five minutes later. The title I called about? No where to be found. I looked everywhere because they stock their shelves pretty poorly. After looking for a good fifteen minutes, I looked for someone to check the back. Maybe that's where they were. I stopped two BB employees separately and they pointed me to someone else to help me. Finally, I walked up to two employees who were talking and asked them. One of them went to the back. A minute later that same employee walks back by me and said "He's checking for you", looking over his shoulder and pointing behind him. Who "he" was, I have no idea. I said "Wait...who's looking?" I mean, how was "he" supposed to know who asked!? The guy kept walking. I waited and waited. "He" never surfaced. I'm getting pretty f'n furious at this point. I ask the guy who greets people at the door for the manager. He tells me I have to stand in the customer service line. Huh!? Anyone who has ever been to BB knows that's the line of death. It never moves. And it didn't. So I go looking for "he" in the back myself. I went to the entrance of the storage room and pulled the plastic blinds back and saw a BB employee back there. I asked him "Are you the one looking for a DVD for a customer?" He had no idea what I was talking about. So he went to the computer to look up the title. This particular store did not have it. I went to another computer to search which Best Buy within a 10 mile radius did. And every other store but the one in Bailey's had it (according to the computer). So I left. And went to the one in Pentagon City. About 7 miles down the road. Once there, three BB employees came up to me while I was brousing and asked if I needed help. Totally unsolicited. I couldn't believe it. AND....they had several copies of the title I was looking for. I was so impressed, I asked for a manager. The BB employee told me to stay where I was and the manager came to ME (!!!) I told them all of the above and that I would only shop at their store from now on. Which they seemed to genuinely appreciate. Sure, it may be further out of my way, and the parking/traffic a real bitch, but the staff and stock are top notch.
Old 11-11-03, 10:14 PM

Never had much of a problem with the Baileys Xroads store, though I use the Springfield store much more often. Pentagon City is good too.
Old 11-11-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Did you try the Circuit City across the street?
Old 11-12-03, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BJacks
Did you try the Circuit City across the street?
Nah. CC doesn't have the selection that most other stores have (I've found). And they're DVD's are definitely more expensive.
Old 11-12-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My vote goes for the Springfield, PA store. Try returning something there, you'll see what I mean...
Old 11-12-03, 05:39 PM

Out of curiousity, what title where you looking for?
Old 11-12-03, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Groucho

Out of curiousity, what title where you looking for?
Which time!?
Old 11-13-03, 09:38 AM

I've had nothing but bad experiences at the Pentagon City BB...they've denied PMs, coupons. Plus you can never find a parking spot in that daggum lot of theirs. I avoid that one and always go to the Potomac Yards BB that is about 5 minutes away.
Old 11-13-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy as a chain is a complete blight on the world of consumer electronics.

I have had bad experiences at nearly all of their stores. Although I detest giving them any of my money, the fact is that they have crushed most of the competition and there is little other choice at times.

Usually I will visit their store and them search on the net for better deals.
Old 11-13-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Brian Shannon
I have had bad experiences at nearly all of their stores.
THat's a lot of stores. Are you doing this in connection with a travel guide to Best Buy stores?
Old 11-13-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Brian Shannon
Best Buy as a chain is a complete blight on the world of consumer electronics.

I have had bad experiences at nearly all of their stores. Although I detest giving them any of my money, the fact is that they have crushed most of the competition and there is little other choice at times.

Usually I will visit their store and them search on the net for better deals.
In general, I've had nothing but bad experiences at every Best Buy store I've been to. But out of all of them, the Pentagon City store has been stocked the best. And like I said, the parking is horrendous. And so is the traffic. But at least they've had what I wanted everytime. The BB at Potomac Yards opened within the last few months and I'll venture down that way from now on. And you're right, there's not too many other places to go these days for movies and electronics.
Old 11-13-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Give the corporate office a call and tell them about your experiences. It's sometimes the only way a company can find out about bad employees or a bad store. If the company doesn't resolve the issue at that point, then shop somewhere else. I'll usually give the store/restaurant/etc at least another chance, after speaking w/ corp, before I go somewhere else.
Old 11-13-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any idea where I can find out how to contact corporate. I actually looked on their website and found nothing. Because that's exactly what I want to do.
Old 11-13-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by boc4ever
My vote goes for the Springfield, PA store. Try returning something there, you'll see what I mean...
maybe you should try the King Of Prussia store. Sure, it is further.... but less problems.
Old 11-13-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Bill Geiger
maybe you should try the King Of Prussia store. Sure, it is further.... but less problems.
Hey Bill!

We actually talked about this in another BB thread. I actually usually drive an extra 10 minutes to the Plymouth store (up the Blue Route). The KOP store is better, but for some reason they are light on stock when I usually go. Maybe they do huge volume due to proximity to the mall. I usually only go to the Springfield store if I am close by. I have had it out with at least two employees in their return department. And anyone who goes there regularly knows who I am referring to. One is an older woman and the other is a "husky" manager. Not that I am poking fun at overweight people, but that is the easiest way to describe him. Anyway, I also like the Concord Mall store, but it isn't convenient at all...
Old 11-14-03, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Daytripper
Any idea where I can find out how to contact corporate. I actually looked on their website and found nothing. Because that's exactly what I want to do.
Try these and post what happens:

Store Inquiries
Best Buy
Corporate Customer Care
P.O. Box 9312
Minneapolis, MN 55440

Corporate Campus
7601 Penn Avenue South
Richfield MN 55423
612-291-1000

This is for their web-site ordering dept but they may be able to give you a toll free corp number:

For round-the-clock assistance, call Customer Care at
1-888-BEST BUY (237-8289).