Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Product Replacement Plant

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-03, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought someone on the forum could answer this for me...Getting right to the point, I will recieve a $200 voucher for a set of computer speakers that blew......Can I use that $200 on any multiple items in the store, or that same item all over again. Also does best Buy pricematch aaginst Walmart on normal shelf items, not weekly sale items w/ ad! Thanks!
Old 11-01-03, 08:17 AM

You can use a voucher towards anything in the store, with the exception of gift cards I believe.

Also, to pricematch, there needs to be proof of selling, hence the need for an ad.
Old 11-02-03, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think ^ he is correct.
Old 11-03-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm gonna mooch off this thread for another question. I bought an Xbox at Best Buy August 2003 when it was at the $179.99 price point. Well, the disc drive busted and I went to have it repaired with the product replacement plan.

The girl behind the counter returned mine at $179.99 and sold me a new one for $179.99 (it's supposed to be $149.99). She said it was comparable product at comparable price. I thought it was a full refund of the same price. Has anyone here had the same problem or know if she knew what the hell she was talking about? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It is a product replacement plan, so what it covers is the replacement of the product and that is all. If what you are having replaced costs less now then what you paid for it when you bought the plan you do not get to keep the price difference. If you read that little pamphlet that you get when you buy the prp it will tell you that. Why she rang the new one up at 179.99 is a mystery to me.