DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   DeepDiscount weirdness (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/326479-deepdiscount-weirdness.html)

fillerbunny 10-27-03 04:10 PM

DeepDiscount weirdness

This isn't a bargain, but just a word of caution to those wanting to take advantage of the Legend of 1900/Bodies, Rest & Motion 2-pack deal at DDD for $7.98, or any other deal from DDD for that matter.

The weirdest thing just happened when I placed an order for The Legend of 1900/Bodies, Rest & Motion 2-pack from DeepDiscount. I placed my order, $7.98 with free shipping. Two seconds later, I get the order confirmation email. All normal. Two hours later, I get another email from DeepDiscount confirming my order, but under Order Details it ALSO listed King of the Hill 2nd Season, Adv. of Indiana Jones, and Terminator 3, all of which I did NOT order or even look at. My total came out to $106.81!

I looked at my Order Status on the DDD site, and it lists the 4 DVDs, but says my order total is only $7.98. I already called CS to get rid of the 3 DVDs I didn't order, but now I'm wondering, if my order total only said $7.98, had I not cancelled, would I have still gotten all 4 for just that amount?

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone? I order from DDD all the time and it's never happened to me before. The CS guy said he's never seen anything like it either. He has no idea why those extra DVDs came out of nowhere.

Stoney 10-27-03 06:25 PM

Neer had that happen to me. I've just checked my confirmations for the last few orders I placed, and no problems. Sounds like an isolated incedent.

Lokimok 10-27-03 10:04 PM

I'm having trouble even placing an order. When I click checkout, everything gets very slow til I get an error message. I tried 3 or 4 times today.

thundergod 10-28-03 02:27 AM

I have been having problems as well with the website today.....I try to login but I just cannot login to my account :(

DrS 11-02-03 09:16 PM

I got a double confirmation, emailed CS, and they said they had a glitch and that all was ok for my order. Less than 24hrs on the CS turnaround. Usually its 48-72 hours.

D

mookiemeister 11-03-03 06:49 PM

I have similar problem to what you described with DDD. On 10/29, I ordered 1 copy of Spellbound from their web site. Then received an email stating that Spellbound is back-ordered until 11/8. No problem, right? Well, today (11/3) I received a second email stating that 2 copies of Spellbound has been shipped to me and my credit card has been charged for 2 copies of Spellbound. Strange... because I went to their web site and looked at my order status, and it stills says my order is back-ordered to 11/8 and that I've only ordered one copy.

So I sent an email to DDD. Now waiting for them to tell me what's going on.

mookiemeister 11-04-03 03:15 PM

Just to update on the duplicate item shipped from DDD. Today (11/4) I receive the following email from them:

--------------
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!

Unfortunately we recently had an error in our system that has duplicated orders,
without charging for the duplicated item. We will send you a pre paid label, to send back
the second item. Any changes will be made to your account if necessary.
--------------

axolotls return 11-09-03 02:41 AM

They really are having some Quality Control issues over at DDD. Probably 2/3 of my orders from them have encountered various annoyances and problems.

Their prices aren't the best anymore, so I am not gonna waste my time again with this company. I'll pay more at Amazon (for example) and know I'll get my stuff on time flawlessly than DDD again.

My two cents. Live and learn..