Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Consumer rights - spec of dust on my LCD screen on A70

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-03, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologies for what might be a simple question, but as I'm originally from the UK I'm not too up on consumer rights over here and I wonder if anyone can advise me if I have any comeback here.

I bought a Canon A70 from Amazon in August and have recently noticed a small speck of dust has crept behind the LCD panel. This might sound petty, but it's particularly noticeable and when you're throwing down $300 for something you expect quality.

As this is less than three months old, am I entitled to send it back to Amazon or Canon, or am I stuck with it?

Cheers for any help

Mark
Old 10-26-03, 01:38 PM

I would read the warranty information that was sent with your Canon. I'd imagine this would probably be covered under it and that Canon would be willing to fix/send a replacement. I'd give them a call.
Old 10-26-03, 04:37 PM

Yeah, I'd check with Canon. I don't think Amazon will help at this point, but it can't hurt to check.

In the future if you can get what you want at Walmart, keep the box and the receipt and you can pretty much return it forever.

I returned a TV (with original packing and receipt) months after purchasing it. When they asked why I (honestly) said "I expected a better quality picture". They didn't bat an eyelash and credited my CC. They must drive a tough bargain on returns with manufacturer, which you can do when you're biggest place in the darn world.