Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Movie Trading Co in Hurst, TX

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-03, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I decide today, I'll go check out what they have at the Movie Trading Co. There are about 10 or so of these stores in the Dallas Fort Worth Area. http://www.movietradingcompany.com/

I decide to get rid of "Fish called Wanda". They offer $3.

At the store yo can do one of two things.

1) Use $3 towards any purchase.
2) Get one new release at 12.99.

So, I brought Bend it like Beckham for 12.99. Not bad but not great either. They have signage posted "Get new release for 12.99 when trading in old movies. Limit 2". Nothing about one discount per movie traded in. Kind of deceptive advertising.

Also, found Band of Brothers marked at $64.99. Asked if the price was correct. They then changed it to $89.99. Understand their error, however they should have offered me something in the way of a deal on that or something else.

I thought it was illegal to mislabel prices, they must give you the marked price. Tom Thumb a grocery store has done this for me.
Maybe a company policy.

One last gripe. I look at my receipt and see $7 credit for Fish called Wanda. and total sale as 12.99, the sales tax was 1.65.
This is wrong too, it should be 8.25% on 12.99.

In any case, kind of disappointed with MTC in Hurst

Last edited by DFWMovieGeek; 10-10-03 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-10-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They mispriced it. Doesn't mean you should benefit on someone elses mistake. They didn't advertise it at a certain price and then pull the switch on you. It was just a mistake.

As far as the $7 goes, the original price of the movie is $19.99. For you to get it for $12.99, they gave you a $7 credit for the movie you traded in. What do you not understand about that?
Old 10-10-03, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't mind the misprice. But it is consistent with many DVDs you'll find in the store marked at various prices. You might find several copies with several prices in the very same area. If you don't check your receipt you will likely find higher price.

They have signage in front of new releases. Trade in your DVDs
and get new releases at 12.99. Limit 2. No mention of one DVD, per $7 credit. The signage is not very clear. I had to ask the rep
to clarify several times.

Also, the the sales tax was wrong. It's 8.25% in Hurst, TX. Why was I charged 1.65 on a 12.99 purchase. If I have a coupon,
do you charge tax on the amount before the coupon? It's 60 cents, I know not a big deal.

All I'm saying be careful. I purchase movies from other MTC in the area and have generally had a good experience.