DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Warning don't buy off Family Box Office of Australia (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/321647-warning-dont-buy-off-family-box-office-australia.html)

danol 10-03-03 09:42 AM

Warning don't buy off Family Box Office of Australia

My order for R4 Ladyhawke on or before 9/15/03 they charged my CC, I have waited until yesterday to contact them when they charged both the DVD and the shipping charges. The e-mails with full transaction number, a phone number for outside the US, and my CC website, which they didn't even use. Reason being my CC had orders with them before and wouldn't honor their customers paid merchadise to be shipped. My CC gave me a refund and will write off FBO (Family Box Office) of Kent Town AU as a BAD dept.

The frustration and anguish they caused me to have, going down each day on my electric scooter to be disappointed was bad, yet I waited to see if they had charged my CC and I got that yesterday. Yesterday My CC got a check for the full amount as I have done since I was 18...38 years ago. I pay my debt 'then' call for a dispute.

Don't waste your money they have no intention of sending you your disc which is priced $5 less than the honest EZYDVD, it all comes down to when you think it's too good you are just sending theives money and never expect to get nothing at all which will your case also. I will now order the same DVD with EZYDVD knowing full well they can be trusted.

Any body else have their credit card company write off these bad apples ?

chanster 10-03-03 09:46 AM

Another classic..btw: wrong forum.

danol 10-03-03 09:52 AM

Chanster

Chanster another dig on a danol honest thread about DVD not movies or music or computers...if you don't like my posts "kill file' my name and let me be please.

marty888 10-03-03 09:57 AM

Re: Chanster

Originally posted by danol
Chanster another dig on a danol honest thread about DVD not movies or music or computers...
But....

<b>Store Forum
Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off</b>

Mr. Salty 10-03-03 09:58 AM

Re: Chanster

Chanster another dig on a danol honest thread about DVD not movies or music or computers...if you don't like my posts "kill file' my name and let me be please.
While your warning is appreciated, as Chanster said this does belong in another forum (the store forum).

danol 10-03-03 10:09 AM

Don't DVDtalk rules say you can't personally attack other members? Mr. Slaty I have never got a good post from you yet, you post to attack me only.Why not killfile my name and go pick up the phone to call a Psychitatrist to find out why you must vent your anger on crippled people. Do you really think we are stealing your taxes/ I ge two (22) incomes both from my trucking company and my teamsters unnion in the form of a annuity.Rest easy and pick on someone else that is soaking up your paid in taxes like George Bush on spending $2 Billion a month for 'his' fight with hussein who anger his father when he was president.

Now lets get back on topic Please.

Mr. Salty 10-03-03 10:15 AM

Don't DVDtalk rules say you can't personally attack other members? Mr. Slaty I have never got a good post from you yet, you post to attack me only.
In no way can my post above be considered a personal attack.

Why not killfile my name and go pick up the phone to call a Psychitatrist to find out why you must vent your anger on crippled people.
Now see, that's much closer to being a personal attack.

Kicker_of_Elves 10-03-03 10:17 AM

what the hell is killfile?

danol 10-03-03 10:19 AM

Congratulations Mr. Salty your the first to be put on my IGNORE list

Your history I will not read any of your garbage anymore, end of line.:(

DVDude! 10-03-03 11:06 AM

danol: Thanks for the warning about Family Box Office. I was close to placing an order with them. I may reconsider.

Off topic, but necessary: the first thing that I thought when I saw this thread here instead of the "Store Forum" or the "International Forum" is that it should be in one of the other forums. The "Store Forum" would be okay because it's a complaint/warning about a store. However, IMO, the "International Forum" would be even better because it's an international etailer and people in that forum need to know your experiences.

And, no, I don't believe Mr. Salty was attacking you, danol. Not at all. He was just pointing out--perhaps less eloquently than me--that your post would be better if it were in another forum.

GeoffK 10-03-03 11:28 AM

Moved this thread to the store forum and closing it as it's not going anywhere nice.

Also I still can't make heads or tails of

it all comes down to when you think it's too good you are just sending theives money and never expect to get nothing at all which will your case also