Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any place in Kansas City to find DVD's "early"

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-29-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a group of friends coming over to debut my finished HT room. I have a mylar lightbox above the entrance and two poster lightboxes in the room (both will have the DS Matrix posters and mylar). I also have a "matrix syle" HT intro with the family name....all I'm missing is the DVD of the "Matrix Reloaded".

I would love to get my hands on a copy a couple of days early in the Kansas City area. Anyone with a suggestion would be appreciated.

Are there any dealers/stores that could accomodate me or a internet retailer that ships the Wed/Thursday before (assuming I choose overnight delivery)?

Normally, I can wait until Tuesdays, but this case it's an exception. Thanks for any input.

Please email me at [email protected]

Ron
Old 09-30-03, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any dealer store that chooses to accommodate you early risks heavy penalties and fines. Also any internet/mail order retailer that intentionally sends out movies early or "substantially early" so they reach customers before the street date is also subject to fines and penalties.

I know it's hard to wait until Tuesday, but it'll come.
Old 09-30-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fanman:

I'd prefer not to wait....but thanks for your input. I've searched similar posts. You must work for the studio's....you seem to make it a habit of threadcrapping street date threads. If you can't answer the threads question, why bother with a "hall monitor" type of response?

Ron

Last edited by RonBoster; 09-30-03 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-30-03, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would thing a Senior Member would get it by now that you have to wait like the rest of us.

I guess these friends are from out of town? If they are from New York ask em to pick you up a bootleg version. It's only a little more illegal than breaking street daes so that shouldn't matter to you, right?
Old 09-30-03, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Being a senior member has nothing to do with it....

If this forum about all about strict following of the corporate rules you wouldn't have the following:

List of ad prices for B&M's before the ads appear in the paper

Members talking about and ordering other region's DVD's (other than their own)-why do you think there is regional encoding on the DVD's?

Exchange of screeners in the exchange forum....run screener in a search and see what comes up.

Normally, I could care less when a movie comes out and whether I had it before or a week after......but with the party to show off my new HT room, I wanted something special to show my friends.

One would think I was asking where to buy crack in KC, not trying to find a frickin movie a couple of days ahead of time.

Ron