Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Check your Amazon orders -- STL

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Check your Amazon orders -- STL

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me too eau. Earlier this morning. I called & it was resolved.
Old 08-29-03, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't understand why everyone calls to get their STL discounts back when it only requires an edit to your order. I lost my STL on an order yesterday and simply changed from free shipping to paid shipping. Changed it back to super saver shipping and everything was fixed without calling customer service. The whole process took only about a minute of my time.
Old 08-29-03, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
I don't understand why everyone calls to get their STL discounts back when it only requires an edit to your order. I lost my STL on an order yesterday and simply changed from free shipping to paid shipping. Changed it back to super saver shipping and everything was fixed without calling customer service. The whole process took only about a minute of my time.
Thanks for this tip! I just did this on my order to correct the STL. You rule!!!
Old 08-29-03, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

To me, it is more reassuring to talk to a human and see the adjustment take place during the conversation. The way the system has been, I don't want to take any chances that I will be overcharged. Once the card is charged, it is a royal pain getting a refund for the difference...
Old 08-30-03, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guys. you don't have to change the shipping to get the discount to reappear. Edit the gift message under any of the item listings in the order status page. Thus you don't have to run the risk of having problems getting free shipping back.

I'm not sure if this is what boc4ever is worried about or not, but it is what I just did to get my $6 STL discount back. Thanks forum!!
Old 08-30-03, 02:14 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No wonder the amazon has been up recently. They generate more $ since a lot of people don't bother to check their order.
Old 08-31-03, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by eau
I just placed an order and the STL disappeared right after I hit the "Place Order" button. Had to call up Amazon to fix it.

They better fix it soon. It's freakin' annoying to have to call them up for every order placed with STL.

The good thing out of the phone call for the order that I just placed was that the CSR took the STL discount out of the item price, and then the STL discount appeared magically again, effectively giving 19% off. She left it with that and told me it's an one time exception for the trouble

LOL, but its NOT a one time exception for the trouble. EACH and every order that I had to call on to get fixed was fixed like that. What the custiomer service rep does for me is changes the "amazon price" to the price calculated AFTER the STL discount., and each and every time IMMEDIATLY after the rep does this, the STL discount comes shining through again "magically" like mentioned above. So I have about 4 or 5 preorders where I made out REALLY well.....

Example: Say the order is 10.00, STL would be 1.00 off, but for some reason, each and every rep I talk to, and TRUST me, I have talked to many, say that they cant just "take $$ away", instead they have to change the price of the item, instead of giving me a discount. So 10% off would be 1.00 for a total of 9.00, so they change the PRICE to 9.00 and immediatly afterwards the 1.00 stl pops up so I get it for 8.00...
Old 09-01-03, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mrmagoo
LOL, but its NOT a one time exception for the trouble. EACH and every order that I had to call on to get fixed was fixed like that. What the custiomer service rep does for me is changes the "amazon price" to the price calculated AFTER the STL discount., and each and every time IMMEDIATLY after the rep does this, the STL discount comes shining through again "magically" like mentioned above. So I have about 4 or 5 preorders where I made out REALLY well.....

Example: Say the order is 10.00, STL would be 1.00 off, but for some reason, each and every rep I talk to, and TRUST me, I have talked to many, say that they cant just "take $$ away", instead they have to change the price of the item, instead of giving me a discount. So 10% off would be 1.00 for a total of 9.00, so they change the PRICE to 9.00 and immediatly afterwards the 1.00 stl pops up so I get it for 8.00...
I've had to call a few times to get my STL adjusted, and this hasn't happened to me...yet!

Glad to see one of us is doing well with the whole STL snafu.
Old 09-14-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did Amazon finally fix the STL glitch? Haven't ordered anything in awhile and this thread seemed to die suddenly, so I'm hoping that's because they fixed the problem.
Old 09-14-03, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did Amazon finally fix the STL glitch? Haven't ordered anything in awhile and this thread seemed to die suddenly, so I'm hoping that's because they fixed the problem.
I ordered three times from them within the past couple of days. The STL seems to be applying just fine now, though I still use the gift options trick just in case.
Old 09-15-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by victant
I ordered three times from them within the past couple of days. The STL seems to be applying just fine now, though I still use the gift options trick just in case.
Thanks, glad to hear it is working again. Unfortunately I will have to wait until Amazon starts giving me some more trivia questions or coupons until I start placing more orders.
Old 09-29-03, 12:05 PM

This happened to me also. I wrote Amazon.com and they sent me a form letter requesting that I provide them with all sorts of proof that I was entitled to STL, including the name and email address of the family or friend who sent the STL. Has anyone else had this? And what can be done about it to get my discount without having to jump through hoops?

Thanks
Old 09-29-03, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by litza
This happened to me also. I wrote Amazon.com and they sent me a form letter requesting that I provide them with all sorts of proof that I was entitled to STL, including the name and email address of the family or friend who sent the STL. Has anyone else had this? And what can be done about it to get my discount without having to jump through hoops?

Thanks
I got a standard form letter too, after about a week. I used the gift option trick, noted in this thread, to 'fix' the issue before they got back to me. I sent them an email telling them how I got STL to show and they wrote back saying it's a known bug and it will be fixed soon.

Apparently, the fix has been successfully applied. I have since used received STL without a problem.

The only other issue I have with them now is that they are NOT shipping preordered items on or before the release date. In the past, they'd ship the weekend before release. Not that it really matters, as long as I receive my stuff in a reasonable time frame.
Old 09-30-03, 09:53 PM

They want proof?

The way I kept offering to prove that the discount was there up until I hit "place order" was that I went to download . com or hotfiles . com or something like that and searched for screen capturing programs. There are a bunch of them there, but I picked "screenprint gold 3.5" for no paticular reason. Its a pretty decent program that took a good "picture" of the final checkout screen. They never asked for it, but I offered MANY times to e-mail that pic to them.

Just a thought, I hope that helps, although the problem does infact seem to be fixed. I just ordered a couple DVD'S Saturday and everything went through beautifully with the trivia nickels and the STL. Have a good one all!!!!!!!

-Tim