Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Circuit City Price Match Policy?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-10-03, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just wondering real quick...when you price match at Circuit City, will they price match without an ad (aka, will they call the competitor) or do they need the physical ad?

(Mods, feel free to move this if necessary; I didn't think it'd go in the bargains forum...)
Old 08-10-03, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never tried price matching without the ad, but I can't imagine it would hurt to try. Worst case, they tell you just to bring the ad in.
Old 08-10-03, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm sure it varies. Some employees will call and some might insist on having the ad. CC is one of the easiest stores to get a pricematch, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.
Old 08-10-03, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah... i work there... we're supposed to call to verify that not only is it their price, but that they have it in stock... but if it's not much money, depending on the employee, we usually don't bother.

If it's a big price match though, we'll check on it, and yeah, it can always be our responsibility to get the phone # and check the price.
Old 08-10-03, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,601 Likes on 1,808 Posts
CC, a few years ago, used to be a real bear for me to price match at. They, quite literally, refused to price-match anything despite their posted policy.

Last year, however, they price-matched "Attack of the Clones" with the Toys-R-Us ad at $9.49. The clerk just looked at my ad and adjusted the price. No muss, no fuss. I was impressed.