Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problem with UPS (non)-delivery...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-03, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked my tracking order for my package today...says it was delivered at 3:30 PM, when I was home. Didn't get squat, not even a note, nothin'.

Contacted UPS, and the company (Crutchfield.com) that sent out the items...what is the process with this? Anyone had any luck with a problem like this?

Hope I get refunded if this package was lost...
Old 07-15-03, 07:30 AM

The one time this happened to me, a new UPS driver had delivered my package (a very expensive one too) to the house across the street. I only found this out when I contacted the manufacturer (I had bought the item direct), who then contacted UPS. UPS tried to recover the package from the house but failed (the driver even came to my workplace asking for information as he feared he would be held financially responsible for the mis-deliver). In the end, the manufacturer shipped a replacement and duked it out with UPS - other than my initial phone call, I wasn't really involved. I don't know what the final outcome was but I'm guessing that UPS had to make good.

Fortunately, I had given the manufacturer the correct address.

So, I would first contact Crutchfield and let them handle it, as it appears you have already done.

Last edited by BigT; 07-15-03 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-15-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Call UPS (800-CALL-UPS) and ask a human there who signed for it, and to confirm the delivery address. If they give you the right address, you can then tell them you don't have the package because that's not your name that signed for it. They should initiate a tracer to see if they can figure out where the package went. It may take a while for them to accomplish anything, but you need to get that process started. If you don't hear anything after a few days, contact Crutchfield again and give them the tracer information, and instruct them to file a freight claim against UPS.