Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Half.com - When do they charge your credit card?

Old 07-02-03, 01:24 AM

Half.com - When do they charge your credit card?

When does half.com charge ones credit card? Right when you make the order or when it's confirmed?

The Half.com site says my credit card was charged,and the item is in the mail,but my card hasn't been charged.
Old 07-02-03, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think they usually charge it when it's confirmed. Your credit card company might be slow at updating their database.
Old 07-02-03, 10:19 AM

My order was confirmed this past Friday.Then the status updated to "packaging",then yesterday it changed to "shipped".

I used my check card,which always has the withdrawls and deposits on it,in real time.

So,I don't know what's going on.
Old 07-03-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to change the topic slightly, but I've never ordered from Half before and am considering doing so soon. How does it work if one orders, let's say, 10 videos from 10 different sellers? Are they first shipped to a central Half.com depot (if such exists) and then forwarded to the buyer as one parcel (which I would prefer), or are they sent to the buyer from each individual source?
Old 07-03-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Norm de Plume
Sorry to change the topic slightly, but I've never ordered from Half before and am considering doing so soon. How does it work if one orders, let's say, 10 videos from 10 different sellers? Are they first shipped to a central Half.com depot (if such exists) and then forwarded to the buyer as one parcel (which I would prefer), or are they sent to the buyer from each individual source?
The seller sends the item directly to the buyer. Half.com provides the buyer's address to the seller when a sale is made. Of course the seller must confirm the item before shipping.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-03-03 at 11:48 PM.