Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Bestbuy.com Sucks!

Old 06-25-03, 08:34 AM

Bestbuy.com Sucks!

I don't know if this is the place for this so please forgive me if it is not. But bestbuy.com does indeed suck!

I placed an order on 6/19 and it still has not shipped and after talking to a CSR on the phone I was informed it isn't scheduled to ship for another 3 days! Now this isn't something that was on back order it was a new release.

I don't have any problem with their stores but their online service sucks! This was the last time I ever order from bestbuy.com and I wouldn't have used them this time, but deepdiscountdvd.com didn't offer what I wanted.
Old 06-25-03, 08:36 AM

You can say that again. They lost a TON of customers when they screwed everybody over on the recent Die Another Day promotion.
Old 06-25-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still love them.
Old 06-25-03, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Once in a while I'll bite on BB.com which usually doesn't bite IMO.
Old 06-25-03, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You could probably create a very long list of DVDTalkers who have said "I wont't buy from ......ever again!" filling in the blank with almost any and every etailer there is. Truth of the matter is, there are no "perfect" etailers, and except for a few notoriously bad ones, you simply go for the best prices and hope that it works out.

Just in the past month, people have slammed BB in one thread (for the Die Another Day fiasco) and praised in another (honoring misprice on Chabrol box set) as being better than Amazon.
Old 06-27-03, 03:14 PM
Cool New Member

I also have a movie not shipped from them over a week ago. When I called they just said there are in transition to a new web site. I wonder why they did not do the main transition off line so we are not affected. They are not able to even check the status of the order or products even when I called them.
Old 06-27-03, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed an order for a cd on 6/02, it went into backorder a week later. Monday I received an email saying there was a problem with my order and that I had to call withing five days or it would be cancelled. I called Tuesday and low and behold, they can't check the order status because of the web site redisign. Why would they allow the whole system to be down like that, it's frustrating to say the least. It looks like my order will be cancelled and that I waited a month for nothing.