Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's going on with DVDPlanet

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What's going on with DVDPlanet

Old 07-02-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone getting invoices from them?
Old 07-02-03, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No,but I got a shipping confirmation yesterday - looks a lot like the same email I get from DeepDiscountDVD. I finally received my Hiroshima mon amour yesterday in a little package just like DDD's.
Old 07-02-03, 03:29 PM

Update

My latest to them.
With your current state of system(s) and customer service level, how would you recognize or even acknowledge that my package had been received by you.
Email I received from them, Do they have guts.

Customer: Vincent Phan
Customer ID#:.....

As soon as the parcels are received back at our warehouse. Your
patience concerning this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for the email. If there is anything else we can do
for you feel free to give us a call at one of the numbers below, or
send an email.

Kyle 07-02-03
DVDPlanet
Customer Service Supervisor
800-624-3078
714-892-2283
714-892-8369 (fax)

I filed a complaint with BBB.
Old 07-02-03, 03:51 PM

Re: Update

Originally posted by VincentHVPhan
My latest to them.

Email I received from them, Do they have guts.

Customer: Vincent Phan
Customer ID#:.....

As soon as the parcels are received back at our warehouse. Your
patience concerning this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for the email. If there is anything else we can do
for you feel free to give us a call at one of the numbers below, or
send an email.

Kyle 07-02-03
DVDPlanet
Customer Service Supervisor
800-624-3078
714-892-2283
714-892-8369 (fax)

I filed a complaint with BBB.
Guess what, the packages had already received by them on Jun 20.
Old 07-03-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the 2 Criterions today for which I received the shipping confirmation just yesterday. Package looks like the old one and the invoice in the package is like DDD's. (Planet used to send the invoice separately in an envelope)
Old 07-03-03, 12:20 PM

I used their 5 off 30 coupon 2 weeks ago, but didn't notice anything unusual.
Reading over the previous posts, it sounds as if DvdPlanet is recently involved in some way with Infinity Resources, much like DigitalEyes a couple months back.
Old 07-03-03, 12:38 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Ellison42
Believe me, the people @ DVDPlanet do read this. They're aware of your unhappiness...they just don't care! This "transition" they're going through is just part of the problem. Listen to the "up to date new release information" on their retail site's phone # - it hasn't been updated since early June. Most of Ken Crane's original employees (including Ken Crane himself) have jumped ship. Mark your calendars...in 6 months, they're gone!
This is a pretty unfair post. First off, I'm slightly suspicious when I see someone join the forum and their first post is a slam of another company.

If you look at the history of online retail, almost EVERY online store goes through a rough patch, most often this happens right before they move to a new system that addresses many of the long term problems they have.

I've had extensive discussions with Key people at DVD Planet and I can tell you that they DO CARE about their customers, they ARE actively reading the problem threads in the forum and have on several occasions asked me to forward notes to members who are having problems and having a hard time getting them resolved.

I not only don't think they'll be gone in 6 months, I think in 6 months they'll be rocking and rolling. They're commited to upgrading their entire systems to make the DVDPlanet experience better, and like most big moves online, there have been some speed bumps.
Old 07-03-03, 02:34 PM

response to Mr. Kleinman

Mr. Kleinman,
Thanks for responding.
I sure hope you are right with your statement re: future of DVD Planet. I have a few additional points.

1. Failure with conversion process (as mentioned in earlier threat). This situation had been dragged on for too long. It had been four weeks plus now.

2. Remedy measures should have been put in place since first day of issues. This may have been done but does not appear to be visible to customers (or at least to me).

3. Customer service personnel is not as it was. They followed through on every calls I made (prior to this period). I had total of 3 calls in and still do not have my issues resolved. My email was replied (just found out it was from a Manager) with no follow up or check up (to see if packages had received).
Old 07-05-03, 03:37 PM

Geoffrey,

I am not a new member and also hope you are right.

However I too have known key people at Ken Cranes and Dvd Planet who had worked at the store since it's beginning.

Most of those people were with the store through it's purchase by Image and have now left the company.

I believe the front line workers care but am not sure if anyone else there does.
Old 07-05-03, 04:52 PM
Cool New Member

I agree with Jimbo in his belief that the front line workers do care. Unfortunately as is the case with many companies, the "workers" are not in control. A four week + conversion? No contingency plan? Puh-leeze.
Old 07-06-03, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received this one this morning:

DVDPLANET would like to take this time to thank you for your patience and understanding during the last few weeks. As you might know, we have recently upgraded our systems and relocated to a larger fulfillment center. With any major change, there are both expected and unexpected challenges to resolve. We want you to know that these changes were necessary and important changes that will allow us to serve you better. Our long-term growth will provide you with more options, more savings, and a higher level of service. Options such as "ship complete" and free shipping will soon be available.

We have been watching all processes more closely than usual to ensure proper handling of your orders. We anticipate that soon everything will be running smoothly, and we will once again be able to automate and streamline our procedures to eliminate these delays.

Our call volume has been higher than normal and we apologize if you have had difficulty contacting us. We have taken steps to improve our ability to handle your calls, but hold times may still be longer than usual. Please email us at [email protected] if you are unable to hold for a customer service representative. Most emails are answered within 48 hours.

We at DVDPLANET thank you for your continued support. We are working hard to resolve all issues as quickly as possible to ensure that you continue to receive the high level of service you have come to expect from DVDPLANET.

Sincerely,
DVDPLANET
Old 07-06-03, 08:07 AM

plllllllllllease.

Got the same too.

" With any major change, there are both expected and unexpected challenges to resolve." UNEXPECTED ???

"..We have taken steps to improve our ability to handle your calls, but hold times may still be longer than usual." IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THRU OR PATIENT ENOUGH, ONCE THRU, STILL NOTHING CAN BE DONE OR RESOLVED ON THE PHONE.

"..Please email us at [email protected] if you are unable to hold for a customer service representative." EMAIL RESPONSES ARE ONLY GENERIC SYMPATHETIC APOLOGIES, NO REAL ACTION OR RESOLUTION.
Old 07-06-03, 12:17 PM

I got the same email, suppose it at least means they know they have and are having a problem.
Old 07-06-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
If they get the long-overdue "ship complete" option, I'll shop with them again.
Old 07-19-03, 12:00 AM
Banned

I started a new thread about my problem but I just wanted to briefly add to this one. I have always liked DVD Planet. But sending many e-mails and having none replied to and then waiting on hold for an hour and a half before finally getting answered is VERY irritating. I had ordered stuff back on the 9th and was wondering why it hadn't been shipped (I knew this because my credit card hadn't been charged). The woman seemed completely baffled as to why it had not yet shipped but assured me that it in fact had not. She said she really couldn't do anything but would tell "the guys" to ship it.... She got my phone number and said I would get a call "next week".

In response to me asking why my e-mails were not responded to, I was told that they had a lot of e-mails to go through, "like 300 of them".....

What the.....I just want my dvd's. I have about 800 dollars worth of discs on my wish list there that I was planning on purchasing in the near future but with all these problems I see no reason to purchase them from there. A few days ago I placed an order for an additional 113 dollars worth of stuff before remembering that I still had not recieved my last order!

Really odd because all my previous orders have shipped in a very timely fashion.
Old 07-19-03, 06:39 AM

Update on my dilema.

Got credits two days ago.
Guess what, credit without the shipping portion despite shipment was not authorized. I had specifically (on the phone telling them to cancel all future shipments). Credits issued only after more than 4 weeks of shipments received by them and two phone calls to them.
Real sad.
Old 07-24-03, 07:52 AM

Update..... At least I got (not all) my money back

... and only laughing to myself re: these now idiots.

Portion of my never ending email chain to them:

Vincent Pham Did include two order notifications. Maybe ligitimate email system not able to read attachments. :-)
==== > "As a one-time courtesy"..... My a..

Mitzy 7.23.03
DVDPlanet Customer Service
TEL.800.624.3078 / FAX.714.892.8369
www.dvdplanet.com | [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 5:51 AM
To: Csrs
Subject: RE: Your Items for Order #xxxxxxxx Have Been Shipped

Huh, Did you even read or research ? "we must submit paperwork to have it cancelled" HUH, Upgrade to the '80s ?

Mitzy 7.20.03
DVDPlanet Customer Service
TEL.800.624.3078 / FAX.714.892.8369
www.dvdplanet.com | [email protected]
Old 07-24-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Update..... At least I got (not all) my money back

Originally posted by VincentHVPhan

==== > "we must submit paperwork to have it cancelled" HUH, Upgrade to the '80s ?
Thats what happens when you don't run your own warehouse anymore. So sad.