Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Canadian Site?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Canadian Site?

Old 04-30-03, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Canadian Site?

From past experience - what is the best Canadian site for purchasing Region 1 DVDs? Best prices, cheap shipping and good service.

Thanks for all information given!
Old 04-30-03, 06:10 PM
Suspended

Location: Sonoran Desert; a place where it doesn't matter whether or not one can pronounce Donnacha.
Amazon.ca for best prices and good service. Their frequent coupons offset their shipping plus a little extra.
Old 04-30-03, 09:20 PM

Futureshop.ca has some very competitive prices as well, and they have free shipping on anything in Canada.
Old 05-05-03, 02:56 AM

www.totalactionuniverse.com has good prices, free shipping always in Canada (free provided you order enough anywhere else) & superb customer service.

www.absound.ca has great prices for new releases as does future shop but for the two I usually lean on future shop because of free shipping.
Old 05-10-03, 05:38 AM

Amazon.ca no longer cheap

Prices have been slowly and surely rising at Amazon.ca to the point where coupled with the strong Canadian dollar it may be cheaper to consider other options.
Old 05-10-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Futureshop.ca I would say is the best for new released, Amazon.ca has the worst service I have ever encountered in any store in both Canada and the US

If you get a sale www.cnl.com has fantastic prices but high shipping (same shipping from 1 to 10 dvds of boxsets). I orderded late on a friday before a long weekend and they still shipped it same day so I got them the Tuesday after.
Old 05-10-03, 07:47 PM

Amazon.ca has the worst service I have ever encountered in any store in both Canada and the US
I've had great service from Amazon.ca. I bought Tigerland from them when it was $10.99, then they dropped the price to $7.99 a week later. I emailed them and they credited my credit card for the difference no questions asked.

Now Chapters.ca, they have the worst service. I just recieved an email from them this week stating that they had shipped my Red Dwarf DVD's. The only problem is, I'd had them for a month already. That's great inventory management. And if I had the same problem with Chapters as I described above with Amazon, I am quite certain I wouldn't have received the same service. I'll never shop at Chapters again.
Old 05-10-03, 07:50 PM

www.dvdboxoffice.com

has some good prices on criterions when you use the 15% off coupon: usevisa
Old 05-11-03, 08:51 AM

DVDBoxoffice coupon???

I don't understand - there's no way for entering coupons during checkout on their page. Is this a joke or I don't see something?
Old 05-11-03, 08:57 AM

You don't see something.

Checkout page:

"If you are using a coupon with this purchase, please enter the coupon code here then click "recalculate" to validate your coupon and calculate your discount.
coupon code:"
Old 05-11-03, 12:43 PM

I don't have this. On my checkout page I have my personal information (shipping address etc.), the purchase information (DVD and price), "where did you hear about us" option, and that's it. Help!