Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Retailers and PayPal?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Retailers and PayPal?

Old 04-27-03, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retailers and PayPal?

Does anyone know any retailers that sell DVDs (and/or CDs) that accept PayPal as payment? I usually use it just for eBay, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

None that I have seen....I have run into a couple of small time businesses who use paypal as their source of credit card acceptance but never seen a major retailer such as Amazon...Dvdplanet etc accepting paypal.
Old 04-27-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Paypal has a link to retailers that accept it. Look through there. I remember tigerdirect being a name that jumped out at me when I last looked at the list (though they don't carry what you are looking for).

In fact, I just noticed that the list says that CDUniverse accepts paypal. Happy hunting.

Scotty
Old 04-27-03, 10:27 PM

Re: Retailers and PayPal?

Originally posted by veloce
Does anyone know any retailers that sell DVDs (and/or CDs) that accept PayPal as payment? I usually use it just for eBay, but I thought I'd ask.
Thanks!
Is there any peticular reason why you're looking for retailers that take paypal?

Personally, I know that after I sell some stuff on eBay, I like to spend the money straight out of my PayPal account, because it just "feels" like I'm not really spending my own money, even though from a financial standpoint, it would be the same if I transferred it into my checking account and then spent it.

However, since there are very few retailers that accept PayPal, I found that it is much easier to just request a PayPal MasterCard Debit Card, which is accepted by almost every retailer out there. Since it is a debit card, the money is subtracted from your PayPal balance and you cannot charge more than your PayPal balance. As an added bonus, you can receive 1.5% cash back on purchases made with your PayPal MC debit card if you sign up for the PayPal Preferred Program, which just means you have to sell on eBay occasionally and you can only advertise PayPal as the only method of electronic payment for your auctions (you can still allow payment by checks/money orders, just not other electronic payment services such as c2it.com).

Last edited by spyzdope; 04-27-03 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-28-03, 07:26 AM

Re: Re: Retailers and PayPal?

Originally posted by spyzdope
Is there any peticular reason why you're looking for retailers that take paypal?

Personally, I know that after I sell some stuff on eBay, I like to spend the money straight out of my PayPal account, because it just "feels" like I'm not really spending my own money, even though from a financial standpoint, it would be the same if I transferred it into my checking account and then spent it.
That's one of the biggest reasons I'm curious -- those eBay auction earnings do "feel" like they're extra money, so I just wanted to expand my shopping options. I will definitely check out the debit card option, that sounds like the kind of thing that will expand my shopping options.

Thanks a lot! And thanks to everyone who answered.
Old 04-28-03, 08:23 AM

Digitaleyes accepts Paypal...

www.digitaleyes.net
Old 05-03-03, 10:31 PM

overstock.com takes paypal. You can also go to paypal homepage for a list of on-line stores that take paypal. I would only use stores you heard of though. Anybody can open a paypal store it looks like.
Old 05-07-03, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For foreign Films, Poker industries takes Paypal.
Old 05-17-03, 04:19 PM

And I really doubt you will see Amazon accepting Paypal...since they are owned by Ebay...whom is a major competitor of Amazon's.
Old 02-09-04, 03:39 AM

diabolikdvd.com accepts paypal...they're a pretty good site for non region 1 dvds. I've tried poker industries, hkflix, fivestarlaser, etc, this is my preferred site for non region 1 dvds.
Old 02-09-04, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by pd071
And I really doubt you will see Amazon accepting Paypal...since they are owned by Ebay...whom is a major competitor of Amazon's.
Which is why the Paypal debit card mentioned above is such a good idea. It acts as a Mastercard, you always use it as a "credit" card (your "credit line" is your current Paypal balance), and you get some money back.