Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question about canceling an Amazon order.

Old 04-21-03, 06:09 PM

Question about cancelling an Amazon order.

I placed an order for 2 dvd's with Amazon.com about a week ago. At the time I ordered, they were both listed as in stock (24 hours), a couple of days later they moved to "2-3 days" and now they have gone to "1 to 2 weeks". I want to cancel the order and buy them elsewhere, but most of the order was paid for with a combination of a gift certificate, trivia credits and a STL Credit.

I used a $25 GC, $3.00 in trivia credits and a $5.00 STL Credit. (The STL credit was not a discount someone had sent me on one of the discs in the order, but one I had earned from sending a discount to someone else). I know if I cancel the order the $25 GC should be returned to my account, but what about the other $8 - will it be returned too or will I lose it? Anyone know?

Thanks for any Info,

Roy

Last edited by Roy28; 04-21-03 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-21-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I cancelled several orders with trivia credit and got that back in my account. But the STL credit I am not sure of what would happen. I think STL credit was good for a month if I remember correctly. So there is a good chance that could be lost if the order was placed a while ago. But with Amazon anything can happen when you change or cancel an order with any discounts. Personally I think you should try and keep the order intact to avoid losing anything.
Old 04-22-03, 05:15 PM

Thanks for the advice. Both titles have moved back to "2 - 3 days", so I'll just leave it alone for now and see what happens. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but one of the titles is a Limited Edition, so I thought maybe they might not be getting any more in stock.

Last edited by Roy28; 04-22-03 at 05:21 PM.