DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Ebay: Question regarding suspension appeal (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/286998-ebay-question-regarding-suspension-appeal.html)

ENDContra 04-18-03 01:42 PM

Ebay: Question regarding suspension appeal

I recently was suspended from Ebay for a rather ridiculous reason, third party credits. See, I sell a lot of the same items over and over, so I have saved HTML files on my computer with the auction item descriptions that I use. When I first started selling regularly, a third party credit like the one in question was acceptable (or at least, I was unaware of the problem and it was never brought to my attention). I listed auctions this way for months, until Ebay apparently began cracking down on this and I noticed a warning when attempting to list an item. So, I began fixing these item descriptions as I sold them again (though sometimes I only fixed it in the listing form and forgot to fix it on my computer). Unfortunately, every now and then, I overlooked one. This is what happened when I listed my last set of auctions.
When the auctions were cancelled, I replied to [email protected] and offered an explanation and apology for what happened...no response until my re-listings of these items (without the questionable third part credits) were cancelled and I was suspended. I again replied to [email protected], and I also sent an email on Tuesday through their online form that deals with suspension appeals. No response at all.

What are my options here? Do I just sit back and take it? I feel like it should be resolved, because anyone with half a brain can tell it was an honest mistake (if I had done it on purpose, I would have did it on all the auctions, not just one, and I wouldnt have given false information such as you can get $5 for signing up with C2IT, which they dont offer anymore).

Any suggestions?

Bill Geiger 04-18-03 02:43 PM

Well, I assume the name ENDContra is a name you have yet to use since your feedback is 0. In regards to being suspended... I suggest take it on the chin since they seem to either be blowing you off or just have an endless amount of email that comes in and it is a pretty much dead end email address. I would suggest going here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/R...VerifyPSU.html

And appealing.

ENDContra 04-18-03 03:57 PM

^^ As I said, I used their form for appealing suspensions. And ENDContra is actually an ID I used on Half.com before they merged their user database with Ebay. Endguy (with a feedback of 315) is the name I use on Ebay.

Bill Geiger 04-18-03 04:29 PM

Well, if it isn't a long wait (suspension) I suggest waiting it out or use your other hand, if possible.

spyzdope 04-18-03 08:16 PM

Wow, I had no idea eBay was so strict about this stuff until I read this thread and then checked out the linking section of their FAQ.

Al Padrino 04-18-03 09:39 PM

So wait, are you saying you got suspended for using the same exact "ad" for the same item everytime you sold it? If that's true, that's ridiculous, as I tend to do the same thing with the wrestling videos I sell on there. I usually put a lot of effort into my ads so if I sell something again in the future that I've sold before, I like to use the same description again. Anyway, am I understanding you correctly?

spyzdope 04-18-03 11:29 PM

Al Padrino, fortunately that is not what he's saying (although, I can see how you might misinterpret it that way). Check out the linking section of eBay's FAQ. to see what he's talking about.

sniper308 04-19-03 12:44 AM

So basically they busted you for advertising for some third party, in your auction? Sounds like ebay just wants to keep from being a hosting service for people making affiliate money on their dime... kind of like here :D

TheBigDave 04-19-03 02:29 AM

You could try to call eBay. Here's a list of phone numbers from The Auction Guild. That site's a great reference for anyone using online auctions.

1-800-322-9266
1-888-749-3229
1-877-438-3229 (California only)
1-408-558-7400
Hours 7:30 AM 5:30 PM PT M-F
Know Persons Extension press 1
Dial by name Directory press 0
Customer Service press 2
Operator press 3

ENDContra 04-19-03 10:19 PM

Well, I FINALLY got a response Friday night. As I expected, no dice. I really wasnt expecting anything...I mean, I SHOULD have corrected all of the item descriptions on my computer when they first started cracking down, or at least after I received the first warning/cancelled auction. Oh well, I have 23 more days to go I guess. Until then, Ill see what I can get rid of on Yahoo Auctions, although out of the 25 I listed, Ill be lucky to sell 5. Heres the best part though, what would have cost me $14.75 to list on Ebay cost me $3.65 on Yahoo. Just wish Yahoo had some traffic :\