Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com - question about order with one unavailable item

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-16-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Simple version: I ordered two preorders with a $5 off $35 coupon, and now one release has been cancelled (bringing the total below $35). When the order ships, will the coupon still apply?

Unneccesarily long version: I placed an order at Amazon which included only two items: The Ben Stiller Show DVD set at $26 and the Wierd Al video collection at $19. I used a $5 off $35 coupon with the order, as well as Share the Love and some trivia money.

Both discs were preorders, so the order won't ship until June. Now the Wierd Al release was cancelled.

What will happen with the coupon? I wouldn't have ordered both at those prices without the $5 coupon. Now will I be stuck paying $23 for the Ben Stiller disc or will I get it for $18?
Old 04-16-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I understand that the Wierd Al release has been cancelled, but has it been removed from your order?

Did Amazon remove it, or did you?

If it has been removed, I'm pretty much 100% sure that your coupon is toast. If Amazon removed it, I think you have pretty solid ground to complain and get the price adjusted.
Old 04-16-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, it hasn't been removed from my order. My order is exactly as it was before.

I just noticed today that if you look at the page for the Wierd Al video collection, you can no longer order it, so I was wondering what would happen with my order. I wasn't planning on changing anything about my order unless necessary, though.

Does anyone know what Amazon does when you've ordered things which aren't available anymore?