Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

UPS-never again

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
UPS-never again

Is this the worst shipping outfit out there or what?I sent my dad a package for his birthday(Sanford and San and All In the Family seasons#2.The UPS delivery man delivered it to the wrong house.I put in a claim for non-delivery.Its such a hassle to try to get your money back from them afterall its automatically insured for 100 dollars and I told them what the contents where.They admitted that it wasn't delivered properly and now they are making it such a hard time for me to get my money back.Never again will I send a package thru UPS.
Old 03-08-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us know how this turns out...Ive never tried to a claim anywhere like that, Id like to know if they actually pay.
Old 03-08-03, 01:07 PM

UPS pays, but it may take some time. I shipped an antique that was destroyed by them. I filed a claim with them and finally got my money and the smashed antique back about 4 weeks later.
Old 03-08-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why can't the driver go back to the house that he delivered in error and retrive the package.
Old 03-08-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dvd-4-life
Why can't the driver go back to the house that he delivered in error and retrive the package.

Thats much too difficult for UPS.

Don't worry too much. I have alway had problems with using them. I hate watching my packages,via tracking, go from state to state, finally get to my city, and then they send it to california or far away for no good reason! I live in PA. I don't use them if I don't have to.
Old 03-08-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so far, no problems with them. sorry to hear of this....hope it works out. as far as on-line shopping with them, I've been getting my dvds and books ahead of time, for whatever reason.
Old 03-08-03, 10:11 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Don't feel too bad- Part of the problem is UPS always delivers to residental addresses during business hours when most people are working. Shocker!

What's doubly insulting is they hold the items for my area almost 30miles away, when there's a UPS warehouse/drop desk only 3miles away. Bastards.
Old 03-09-03, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dvd-4-life
If UPS delivered it to a house that has a DVD lover, and a dis-honest homeowner all it takes is a, "We never received a package here" and there is nothing that UPS can do. It's their word against the homeowner and who's to say someone didn't swipe it off the dis-honest homeowners' porch as well?

I know sounds ridiculous, but once the package is left, there's nothing that can be done.
Old 03-10-03, 09:20 AM

I haven't had a problem with UPS yet, but almost did a little over a week ago. My husband ordered some items from Musician's Friend and we were tracking them online. Around noon, it showed that the package was left at the door. It wasn't there and we had been watching TV right by the front door, waiting for the UPS guy. I called UPS and they explained that I could call Musician's Friend to issue a tracer. The UPS associate on the phone wasn't very helpful. After calling to place a tracer, I called UPS back and spoke with a different associate.

The second associate was more patient and explained to me how a tracer works. She said that they first have the UPS driver return to where the package was left. If it was left at the wrong house, they try to retrieve it. If the driver couldn't find it, I was told that they then worked something out with Musician's Friend to "eat the cost." I thought that was not fair at all. Musician's Friend sent the package out correctly. It would be UPS that didn't deliver.

I asked UPS if they could flag my house so that it was required that someone sign for the packages. The associate told me that it couldn't be done. I was really worried because I had a shipment of DVDs coming via UPS. It was a package a little over $200.

After being on the phone for an hour and my husband driving around the neighborhood to see if the package might be on someone's steps, the UPS truck appears. My husband asked him why the package showed delivered and explained about the tracer, etc. The UPS guy said that he was running late, so he scanned all of the packages as delivered while he was at lunch!
Old 03-11-03, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the delivery is smooth, I think UPS is great. They are quick.

But, alas, if anything goes wrong...ouch.

Hope you get results quickly.
Old 03-15-03, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've has some experiences similar to those of mediabear. Sometimes I check the tracking info for UPS and see delivery attempts during a time that I was home, near the door (since I am in an apartment), and no notice was left on my door.
Old 03-17-03, 09:11 PM

ive never has probs w/ ups but im more of a fedex man anyway
Old 03-18-03, 05:50 PM
Cool New Member

Incidentally, "ups" is Danish for "whoops"
Old 03-19-03, 04:53 AM
Banned

LOL psycrow!
Old 03-19-03, 01:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by mediabear
The UPS guy said that he was running late, so he scanned all of the packages as delivered while he was at lunch!

I had the same thing happen to me. I was freaked as well.
Old 03-19-03, 02:11 PM

I just had a very good experience with UPS myself, but I'm sure there are problems like this all that the time. They got a package from Lexington, KY to the panhandle of WV in less than 12 hours from being shipped, but I guess I just got lucky to have a good delivery person.
Old 03-19-03, 02:29 PM
Suspended

I have a great relationship with my UPS driver over the years. She holds all my packages and delivers them to me on Fridays when she knows I'll be home. I receive at least four packages a month for the past two years and I've only had a couple minor problems with UPS.

On the other hand, I've only had a handful of FedEx deliveries without problems. More often than not now FedEx makes one delivery attempt and then requires that I come pick up the item or call the local center to arrange delivery.
Old 03-21-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally received payment from UPS 4 weeks after it was admitted to be delivered to the wrong address.
Old 03-22-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had a UPS guy come by on his scooter at about 7 PM a few weeks ago. He told me that I was his last drop, and he was on his way to a UF basketball game.
Old 03-26-03, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love ordering something really small like a japanese Gameboy game, which comes in a box about 1/3 the size of US Gameboy games.. shipped from New York, costing $8.00 for shipping and taking 8 days to get to me. UPS is awesome!!!
Old 04-03-03, 01:54 PM

A couple of stories here...

I had UPS deliver a package to my door at 10:00 PM on a weeknight last month! He apologized and said he had a busy day... I was getting ready for bed at the time. I think 10 is a bit late for a delivery.

I had FedEx deliver a package that was properly addressed to me to a house over 2 miles away. It didn't have the same street name, house number or anything. He just delivered it to the totally wrong place. In fact, I don't even know if this address was considered to be the same city as me. Fortunately the person who lived there looked me up in the phone book and told me they had my package there for me to pick up. You gotta love honest people...
Old 04-08-03, 12:03 AM
Rest in Peace

Portland Oregon 1906 6 connestoga wagons

Subject tells when his firm started out and if the origial owner saw how they're breakbulks screw up packages he would turn over in his grave! I live 72 miles from NYC, NY last package took a week to get to the breakbulk 17 miles away.

I got on their WATS line and screamed for a manager not a supervisor. I told him that the pace of busines was only 72 miles away and the travel time should've been 1.5 hours. I drove Tractor Trailers with the same teamsters contract these guys had, and they were our friends. If I stopped up in CT once I stopped over a 150 times to share a cup of java at their breakbulks. There would always be our name TTs sitting near the entrance, and the same when they came down the pike on the big 84 to our New York State Breakbulk we had 352 doors, UPS had 238 doors. Doors places were TT where backed up against the full running dock, that LTL (Less than 'full' Truck Load) would be dropping all stock for union laborers to shift to another truck for satellite delivery or breakbulk and the same old routine was done again and again until it reached a breakbulk that would deliver it to a pick-up/delivery satellite.

I was a Professional Driver for a number of the big companies some were Ryder, PIE (Pacific Intermountain Express), Arrow, Yellow, Branch, St. Johnsbury, Roadway etc. As long as you were hired by another union outfit you didn't lose your union benefits or have to pay the big amount as when you first came up from being on the board to full time extra to contract you won award. I finished my career running the Montreal, Canada run which we stayed in Canada overnight at a motel just like United Parcel Service does. We all knew each other and were forever on Ch 19 yacking away for like hackers we all had illegal handles rather buy licenses. UPS
handles are the brown derby's, Hello Mr. Brown Derby coming up on your left can you assist in getting back in the rocking chair? Translation I'm about to pass you, could you tell me when my trailer is clear, and above you to get back into the slow lane. That's a big 10-4 (OK), Roger that (Yes thanks). Everyone has their own lingo trucking was mine until 1985.
Old 04-08-03, 01:11 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Portland Oregon 1906 6 connestoga wagons

Originally posted by danol
Subject tells when his firm started out... I got on their WATS line and screamed for a manager not a supervisor. ... that LTL (Less than 'full' Truck Load) ... when you first came up from being on the board to full time extra ... Hello Mr. Brown Derby coming up on your left can you assist in getting back in the rocking chair?
What in the Hell are you talking about?!?

Old 04-08-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Re: Portland Oregon 1906 6 connestoga wagons

Originally posted by rich-y
What in the Hell are you talking about?!?

Thank you, I thought it was just me.
Old 04-08-03, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Portland Oregon 1906 6 connestoga wagons

Originally posted by danol
Subject tells when his firm started out and if the origial owner saw how they're breakbulks screw up packages he would turn over in his grave! I live 72 miles from NYC, NY last package took a week to get to the breakbulk 17 miles away.

I got on their WATS line and screamed for a manager not a supervisor. I told him that the pace of busines was only 72 miles away and the travel time should've been 1.5 hours. I drove Tractor Trailers with the same teamsters contract these guys had, and they were our friends. If I stopped up in CT once I stopped over a 150 times to share a cup of java at their breakbulks. There would always be our name TTs sitting near the entrance, and the same when they came down the pike on the big 84 to our New York State Breakbulk we had 352 doors, UPS had 238 doors. Doors places were TT where backed up against the full running dock, that LTL (Less than 'full' Truck Load) would be dropping all stock for union laborers to shift to another truck for satellite delivery or breakbulk and the same old routine was done again and again until it reached a breakbulk that would deliver it to a pick-up/delivery satellite.

I was a Professional Driver for a number of the big companies some were Ryder, PIE (Pacific Intermountain Express), Arrow, Yellow, Branch, St. Johnsbury, Roadway etc. As long as you were hired by another union outfit you didn't lose your union benefits or have to pay the big amount as when you first came up from being on the board to full time extra to contract you won award. I finished my career running the Montreal, Canada run which we stayed in Canada overnight at a motel just like United Parcel Service does. We all knew each other and were forever on Ch 19 yacking away for like hackers we all had illegal handles rather buy licenses. UPS
handles are the brown derby's, Hello Mr. Brown Derby coming up on your left can you assist in getting back in the rocking chair? Translation I'm about to pass you, could you tell me when my trailer is clear, and above you to get back into the slow lane. That's a big 10-4 (OK), Roger that (Yes thanks). Everyone has their own lingo trucking was mine until 1985.
Drinking and posting can be hazardous to your health.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.