DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   DDD Return/Replacement of Defective Dvd, How long? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/285035-ddd-return-replacement-defective-dvd-how-long.html)

ernestrp 04-10-03 03:03 AM

DDD Return/Replacement of Defective Dvd, How long?

I just wondered if anyone had to return defective merchandise to DeepDiscountDvd and how long did that process take? Do they email you when they ship the replacement and do they ship it media mail again?

spyzdope 04-10-03 10:52 AM

I believe their website says you should just ship back defective items with the return form and then wait for them to credit you for shipping, etc. IMO, it is better to e-mail/call them and request a postage paid mailer label, so you don't have to pay for postage out of pocket and then wait for it to be refunded.

The whole process may take several weeks, since everything is usually shipped via Media Mail. You can ask them for more info, when you e-mail/call to request the mailer label.

devilpants 04-10-03 11:21 AM

One of the cases in my Stingray box set didn't have a disc in it. We called them and got a return postage label within a week. The new box set was sent to us ten days after we sent the bad box set off. There is a bit of waiting involved but they're very curteous.

ernestrp 04-10-03 11:59 AM

Originally posted by spyzdope
I believe their website says you should just ship back defective items with the return form and then wait for them to credit you for shipping, etc. IMO, it is better to e-mail/call them and request a postage paid mailer label, so you don't have to pay for postage out of pocket and then wait for it to be refunded.

The whole process may take several weeks, since everything is usually shipped via Media Mail. You can ask them for more info, when you e-mail/call to request the mailer label.

I called them and shipped it back the day the label came. its been exactly one month now since they shipped the defective one so I was starting to wonder. Plus I have 8 other pre-order titles from them with release dates in late April/ early May and I'am starting to wonder if I should just cancel them and buy them at a B&M.

Pato1 04-10-03 12:53 PM

I returned a defective DVD for credit and the credit took 4 weeks to appear. I imagine an exchange could take as long.

ernestrp 04-10-03 02:49 PM

Wouldnt you know it. I just received an email shipping notice for the replacement. In another 10 days to 2 weeks I should have it.

dvd-fanman 04-11-03 02:25 AM

Well I had a DVD go lost in the mail and I emailed them after the appropriate shipping guidelines that they had stated. They said they would ship out another disc no problem and if the other one ever showed up to just "Return To Sender" and all would be okay.

About 5 days later a disc showed up and I assumed that this was the replacement. Never saw another disc come in the mail, so I guess it was lost in the "Postal Abyss."

They were very quick to respond and very courteous about the matter.