DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Amazon free shipping VS UPS 2-day (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/283236-amazon-free-shipping-vs-ups-2-day.html)

mediabear 04-02-03 11:32 AM

Amazon free shipping VS UPS 2-day

I have learned my lesson on all future shipments from Amazon. It is now free shipping all the way. I wanted my Beatles Anthology ASAP, so I paid an additional $6.97 for 2-day UPS. Tracking shows that it will arrive today. I placed a separate order from Amazon for Far From Heaven, Red Dragon, etc. with the free shipping option. I received those DVDs today also via USPS. If I had selected the free shipping on the Anthology, I would have it right now. Both orders shipped the same day and I'm receiving them the same day, but I could have saved that $6.97 to go towards another DVD purchase. Now if only the UPS guy would get here....

SlangNRocks 04-03-03 12:49 AM

I find that amazon delays the ship date on my items shipped with free shipping.

JEStinson3 04-03-03 08:10 AM

Amazon has selected dates that the free shipping items go out. Usually about 2 times per month. I've had one free shipping package get to me really quick and I've had one take almost three weeks, so YMMV.

costanza187 04-03-03 10:24 AM

once i used amazon free shipping and my stuff arrived the next day. I was totally amazed. and another time I ordered on like a friday and it arrived on like tuesday.

i like their free shipping, a lot

stingo 04-03-03 12:44 PM

I get a lot of amazon shipments from Delaware - being in Pennsylvania, the free shipping option suits me just fine.

dvd-fanman 04-03-03 02:18 PM

Originally posted by JEStinson3
Amazon has selected dates that the free shipping items go out. Usually about 2 times per month. I've had one free shipping package get to me really quick and I've had one take almost three weeks, so YMMV.
Wow, I've never waited three weeks for a free shipping order. At most I've waited 5 days for something to arrive. I love free shipping. :)

SuperJim88 04-03-03 05:03 PM

I think the only reason any of the internet site now offers free shipping is that so the customers can't complain about the speed packages arrives. And all in all, the reality is that the shipping cost is recover through different mean. Remember business are operated for profit motive..........

"Hey since you didn't pay for it, why are you whinning?!"

method 04-03-03 08:00 PM

Originally posted by JEStinson3
That's incorrect. Amazon actually delays the shipping 3-5 additional days and the estimated ship date you're seeing is the availability plus those additional days.

bdots48 04-04-03 07:51 AM

My last few "Free Shipping" orders with Amazon have been delivered - BY UPS - within 2 days.

Stealth 04-04-03 09:46 PM

Every time I choose Free Shipping my 1st shipment is sent by UPS and the 2nd one via USPS :hscratch:

MelvinHicks 04-05-03 01:38 PM

I always choose free shipping, it gets here just as fast if not faster.

llzackll 04-06-03 09:33 PM

Free shipping all the way for me. If I order something on a Monday, I will usually have it by Wednesday or Thursday of the same week. .

big whoppa 04-09-03 09:56 AM

Free shipping is better. You can't rely on the shipping dates and arrival dates because they usually ship it out earlier anyway. So save the money unless you need to have it next day.

Bru 04-16-03 08:26 AM

3 weeks here