Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bestbuy.com's policy for lost/never shipped items is perplexing!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-01-03, 11:52 AM

I recently preordered a movie from Bestbuy.com and the order did not arrive within 2 weeks. I emailed Bestbuy's customer support and they notified me that I receive a refund if I send them some paperwork (taking up some of my time and a little money for postage; basically the same steps I would need to take if I were disputing the charges on my credit card, nothing hard but something I should have to do as a customer IMO). They will not replace the order that has increased in price since my purchase.

I could not find this policy in words and would be interested if anyone can find evidence of it's existence. If it was a part of their official policy that was published I would conform to their (bizarre) policy.

Hmmmmmmm....Is it just me or is this a prime example of poor customer service??
Old 04-02-03, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have seen other posts here from people that were required to fill out paper work in order to get refunds for items that were never received or lost.

I must agree that not offering to re-place that order that you placed in good faith with them at a lower price is indeed back customer service.
Old 04-02-03, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Bestbuy.com has some of the worst customer service around. I've had a shipment get lost as well, and they said I could re-order the items at the non-sale price. After I did that, they said I should call to have the price adjusted to the sale prices. It took 5 calls before it was resolved.
Old 04-02-03, 02:55 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

bestbuy.com customer service sucks. I ordered Antz DTS when it was on sale ($11.99?), shortly after I ordered a laptop from them. Both orders were on backorder and they re-authorized my CC EVERY WEEK such that my CC company actually placed a hold on it. BB couldn't get authorization on my CC so they decided to cancel my Antz order. I called them and explained the situation (that their system sucks and re-authorized my CC too many times). Basically they told me to place another order but I won't get the sale price. WTF.
Old 04-02-03, 08:17 AM

I received the following when my 3 for $30 DVDs order from 3 weeks back never arrived.

We appreciate your concern about not receiving your order.
Once the order is shipped we allow up to 10 business days for delivery. However, because your order has not arrived after the 10 days, we are initiating further research into the whereabouts of your order. We will send you a follow-up e-mail within 2-4 business days regarding the research. If you receive your items
in the interim please inform us by replying to this e-mail with the case#, so that we may cancel the investigation.

We also recommend that you report the lost shipment to your local police department so that they may investigate a possible theft of this order.

For your security, BestBuy.com order placement via e-mail is unavailable. Since you still wish to purchase the product, we encourage you to simply place another order on the website.

Please fill out the form below and return it to Best Buy either via fax or by mail. We need to receive this within 10 days, or you will not be credited for your lost product. The fax number is 952.238.3048. Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter. I _________________(name), have never received, _________________(product), from Best Buy. This product was
ordered on _________________(date) and the order number was _________________(order number).
___________________________________________________ (Name) (Date)

I am miffed about not being able to get the DVDs at the $10 sale price now... They are back to regular price. I am doing in store p/u from now on...screw the free shipping.
Old 04-02-03, 09:00 AM

It appears that a shipment of mine is lost, one I used a coupon on. Will I loss the coupon also?