Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy's Army Of Darkness $10 Digital Coupon

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-03, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else notice that this coupon expired SIX days after you recieved it in your e-mail, or am I just a sap?

I was gonna use it on 3/25 to store pickup Futurama. Didn't realize that the coupon expired on 3/20 until checkout where it stated the fact! I was very to say the least!

Oh well the money will go to Fred Meyer where I will pick it up first thing in the morning.

The Harry Potter promotion they are running doesn't expire until May, that's over 20 days!

...go figure.
Old 03-25-03, 06:46 AM

yes i got the shaft on that one also. the coupon was the only reason i bought army of darkness from best buy. they cover theirselves by stating the expiration date in very small type down at the bottom of the page. just another rip-off tactic by our friendly online retailers.
Old 03-25-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They sent out an email before the dvd was released stating that the coupon was only good for 6 days. It had something to do with the release date of the dvd being pushed back.
Old 03-26-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by D-Ball
They sent out an email before the dvd was released stating that the coupon was only good for 6 days. It had something to do with the release date of the dvd being pushed back.
I also can confirm receipt of that email ... so I knew to use the code quickly. Sorry for those who didn't.
Old 04-04-03, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was just chance that I noticed the expiry date! Thankfully I needed to pick up office space, which I technically got for free. Thanks BestBuy (for almost nothing).

-Gunshy