DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Will Walmart carry Jackass? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/280841-will-walmart-carry-jackass.html)

CPA-ESQ. 03-24-03 09:59 AM

Will Walmart carry Jackass?

I know Wally World likes to be goodie goodie and not offend their "core" market.. -rolleyes-

So do you think they will carry Jackass the Movie?

I have a WM less than 1mile from my house which I use to PM BB's prices on release day. But it will suck if I have to drive 30minutes to the BM BB to pick this movie up.

soxrule 03-24-03 10:05 AM

Talked to the guy at walmart last night and he said i was the 25th person to ask him and he said definitely not.

resinrats 03-24-03 11:05 AM

Crap! The first DVD in months I'd consider getting and not a Wal-Fart

CPA-ESQ. 03-24-03 11:39 AM

This sux :(

Oh well - They probably would have had only "Full Screen" only

Rammsteinfan 03-24-03 11:48 AM

I am getting tired of Wal-mart. They are all becoming like K-mart. Lousy selection, dirty isles, and no one speaks any English in the DVD dept. If I have to go to a Walmart, I drive 15 miles to another town to go to a decent one.

CPA-ESQ. 03-24-03 12:08 PM

I'm lucky my WM is "clean" but the others just a couple towns over look like shite!

trust me it's only a matter of time before Khols, WM, Target, etc. become the next K-Mart, Jamesway, and Ames.

All these stores go through their own "life cycle" And shoppers are fickle. I hate WM - b/c they limit the DVD's they carry to the point of only carying "non-objectionable" material, full screen movies, etc...

In addition, their food section only looks like the buyer is from the "mid-west"

I go down the pasta isle and there is only Ronzoni, Ragu, and Prego. At my local Shoprite - they have tons of macaroni, and pasta by diff manufacturers and tons of sauce. (I make my own)

But still, their problem is that they try to be everything to everybody, and they can't ! :(

Damfino 03-24-03 12:44 PM

Originally posted by soxrule
Talked to the guy at walmart last night and he said i was the 25th person to ask him and he said definitely not.
wow, 25 so far? we should all go to Walmart tomorrow and ask for Jackass! and take a hidden camera with you, this could almost be on the show.

DonnachaOne 03-24-03 12:49 PM

Irony.

Walmart will not sell a film called "Jackass", but will shamelessly hawk tons of NASCar merchandise.

gutwrencher 03-24-03 01:06 PM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Irony.

Walmart will not sell a film called "Jackass", but will shamelessly hawk tons of NASCar merchandise.

huh? I'm sorry...whats the connection between nascar and this film? of course I have only heard about it....being it seems to be another worthless MTV generation "stunt".

TNDVDFAN 03-24-03 03:59 PM

Wl-Mart will carry Jackass tomorrow. I know. I work there.

Chad 03-24-03 04:23 PM

If they can carry the obviously unrated DVD of "Last On The Left" (Saw it with my very own eyes), then they sure as hell better carry "Jackass". What exactly is their process for dictating what's "objectionable" to them anyway? Bunch of hypocritical bastards they are. :mad:

Heat 03-24-03 05:00 PM

By the way, if you really like Jackass: The Movie, you can also get Jackass, Volumes 2 & 3 (there is no Volume 1), and Steve O has his own DVD called "Steve O. Don't Try This At Home" (all available on DVD, and available for rent at my local video store (not Blockbuster)).

movieking 03-24-03 05:39 PM

I don't know about in the US, but Walmart locally in Canada carries the other Jackass DVDs that are out, so I can't see why they wouldn't carry the theatrical release...

scottp120 03-24-03 06:01 PM

Wal-Mart won't be carrying it. Try getting it at Best Buy for $14.99 and get CKY 4 while you're at it. I've had CKY 4 for a few weeks and have watched it at least 4 times already. Love the skeletor video!

darkside 03-24-03 06:05 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
huh? I'm sorry...whats the connection between nascar and this film? of course I have only heard about it....being it seems to be another worthless MTV generation "stunt".
The only connection between Jackass and Nascar I can think of is the white trash thing. Not that everyone who likes Nascar or likes Jackass is white trash, but its at least part of the core audience.

Thirsty 03-24-03 06:29 PM

They will carry the EDITED version
Here are the specs:

Censored menus
Dolby Digital 5.1
Approx Running Time: 2min

Includes Coupon For Barney and Friends DVD of your choice.

gutwrencher 03-24-03 06:44 PM

Originally posted by darkside
The only connection between Jackass and Nascar I can think of is the white trash thing. Not that everyone who likes Nascar or likes Jackass is white trash, but its at least part of the core audience.
ahhh...the "white trash factor". gee, I should have known. I guess I'll be labeled "white trash forever" if I break out my Allmond Bros. cd one more time.-rolleyes-

evenflow 03-24-03 07:11 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
[B I guess I'll be labeled "white trash forever" if I break out my Allmond Bros. cd one more time.-rolleyes- [/B]
I believe, sir, that you are correct.
:)

REL77 03-24-03 10:36 PM

i asked a friend that works at Walmart and he told me they had it already a couple days ago, but didnt know how much it was going to be. I alreayd had it on order from CH anyway, so i didnt pay much attention

dvd-fanman 03-28-03 01:16 AM

Originally posted by darkside
-rolleyes- -ohbfrank-

NASCAR Racing is appointment viewing.

"Boogity, Boogity, Boogity - Let's Go Racin' Boys!" -biggrin-

bigjim25 03-28-03 01:44 PM

So do they have it?

Michael T Hudson 03-28-03 07:48 PM

Wal-Mart Will Be First $1 Trillion Firm

http://www.forbes.com/video/?expired...requestid=4669

I guess NASCAR is doing them some good. It is amazing how bit they are.