Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ever get a refund from DVDSoon?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-01-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

I recently cancelled an order that was pending. I received a standard email stating my order was cancelled and credit issued. That sounds fine. However, I don't understand how DVDSoon could issue a refund to my credit card when they apparently don't keep it on file.

I know there's a process for requesting a refund when you already have store credit but this was a direct refund request. I just clicked the full refund tab.

I guess I'll find out for sure when I receive my next statement but I'm also seeing a discrepancy in the amount under my cancelled orders section. They list a shipping charge for something that never shipped. A charge not a credit. Plus its the incorrect amount for the shipping method I chose.

I'm hoping it's just needless worry. I guess I'm just curious to know if anyone else cancelled an order and subsequently received a full refund.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Does DVDSoon say they don't keep your CC on file? Seems odd they don't because how would they process a transaction.
Old 03-01-03, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I preordered Back to the Future trilogy from DVDSoon and they never sent it but charged my credit card. I ended up having to dispute it. Watch out for these guys.
Old 03-01-03, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oops sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

They charge you the moment the order is placed. The site says they don't keep it on file for security reasons but it sounds like its just to get the money up front. This is why I don't understand how a refund could be issued.

I wish I had done more homework with these people. Judging by the comments in a previous thread, they give off a really bad vibe.
Old 03-02-03, 06:03 AM

First - I suggest that you check your account at DVDSoon and see if they show that you have a credit there. If all you did was to click a box on the screen, then I think that you probably have a store credit. When I actually wanted them to give me the money back after having a store credit for a while, I went online and found the box to start that process. I was required to then give them my credit card number so they could refund it to my credit card...which they did very promptly by the way. So if you have not gone through that step, I think you probably have only a store credit and need to log on to your account and process a refund to your credit card.
Old 03-02-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I checked my account and it says "you have $ 0.00 CAD available in credit exchangeable for merchandise"

According to their instructions, all that's needed to cancel and refund a pending order is to click the "Refund this Order" tab. "This will cancel the current order and issue a refund for the value of that order."

Maybe they have some way to issue a refund for a pending order without requesting the card number again.

I'm also puzzled by this shipping charge of $6 CAN. I selected express for $9.98. In the column marked Price Charged, there is a Total for $6 CAN. Why would there be any charge for an item that never shipped? Very strange.
Old 03-04-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pain in the ass. I cancelled one of two items and they gave me credit to my account (not a credit to my card).

Then the damn preorder I had to be released today is now "on order"..

Wahh Wahh Wahhh Wahhh Wahhh

I contemplate on not going back once I get my order. They can have my CAD$2.60 credit
Old 03-07-03, 06:47 AM

I had placed a pre-order with them but when it went on backorder I cancelled the order, I didn't trust them since they had charged my account over a month before the due date.
Anyway within a couple of days I checked my charge account online and the credit was posted. In fact, due to changes in the value of Canadian vs US dollars, I received $4 more in credit then I was originally charged so I actually made money on the deal.
Old 03-07-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's encouraging news. Thanks.

I should find out next week whether full credit was issued. Of course I still haven't received a reply to an email I sent 10 days ago questioning the amount in my cancelled orders section.

Hopefully everything will be resolved next week. Then I can shake them off like a bad dream.
Old 03-11-03, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received a refund from them. It took 2 weeks to show up on my bank statement.
Old 03-11-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

philo: I was in the same boat as you back when Brotherhood of the Wolf 3-disc was coming out.

Ordered from them and decided to cancel. All I did was click on the site for a complete refund to my CC, but I never saw it. After several weeks I just went ahead and disputed the charge.

These guys are really shaddy, and I'm def. never going back to them.