Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Half.com Buyer Protection?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-03, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received a damaged Six Feet Under Box Set from a half.com selller, and then used their form to notify him of the damage.

Well he completely denies that there was anything wrong with the product, and now I have to wait 30 days in order to file a complaint with half.com's Buyer Protection Program.

Has anyone had any experiences with this? Will I get a refund eventually?
Old 02-24-03, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I sell on Half.com all of the time. Oftentimes, people email me and ask where their order is, even though i already sent it. I believe it gets lost in Media Mail. Anyway, Half.com sends me an email, asking if I sent the item. I tell them I did, and I never hear about the matter again. I assume Half.com gives the customers their money back.
Old 02-25-03, 12:25 AM

half.com has buyer protection just as they have seller protection, but as the item was shipped and received i don't think you have a leg to stand on aside form negative feedback. he is not responsible for anything that happens in shipment. i do enjoi half.com's seller protection, much better than ebay's non-existant policies.
Old 02-26-03, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I disagree with Wiccanpagan. While the seller is not responsible for what happens during a shipment, as I have learned this through my own experience, the buyer should receive the item in the stated condition. If I were you, I'd complain to Half.com. While it's not their fault, either, they are the ones with the buyer protection policy. Who knows? You might get your money back, be able to keep the DVD and maybe the seller will keep his money. I'm willing to bet that seller is full of crap, though.
Old 02-26-03, 08:36 PM

i'd agree that many sellers may be full of crap with the condition of their dvds prior to shipping.
Old 02-27-03, 07:16 AM

to jerri blanks boy, ------ when you received the package was there damage to the box that the set came in? if so then the damage was done during shipping. if there was no damage to the package box then the blame shifts to the seller.

i bought the nightmare on elm street set and when i received it there was damage to the box that the set came in. when i opened it there was damage to the box set. post office was to blame.
Old 02-27-03, 01:20 PM

nittany if that is the case do the receivers have any actions they can take?
Old 02-27-03, 08:32 PM

I don't think the damage could have happened in the mail. A chunk of cardboard has been peeled or ripped of the top of the interior of the box set. It looks like someone ripped out the security tag with their bare hands.