Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Open letter to un-named online trading concern and its associates

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-22-03, 01:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This particular online trading concern shall not be named in this thread, since I have no more desire to stir up further controversies with this trading concern.

The purpose of this thread merely serves to clarify my position as recent accusations have once again been targeted towards me for relaying my personal experience with this particular online in light of another member of this forum requesting information regarding dealings with this trading concern. I merely offered my experience as a guide to this member, and once again I have been acused of going on a personal crusade to destroy the reputation of this trading concern.

In light of present circumstances I felt compelled to post this open letter to clarify my position.

Text of open letter,

I grew tired of crude exchanges of accusations back and forth with the likes of you and all the other extremely hostile posters with whom I had dealt with concerning this matter, who I still suspect work for this company in one capacity or another.

If you must know, the reason I erased all my prior postings concerning this experience was because I received personal threats on this forum as well as receiving threats in my e-mails. You can contact the owner of these forums, gkleiman to verify these facts, as I notified him of the threats I received. And these are also the reasons why I posted the story of lending the DVD to my friend. I did not deem it worthwhile to prolong the harsh exchange between myself and certain posters in light of the threats I received at the time.

I would like to use this opportunity to point out once again, the DVD in question is worth $7 in trade in, for which value I have been accused of going on a personal crusade to destroy the reputation of this online concern. Yes, for $7 I was willing to waste days upon days posting my grievances and be the target of particularly vicious personal insults and threats, of which time I could have spent far more productively in work related pursuits.

I was willing to let matters drop until I saw this thread, when someone else relayed exactly the same experience as I had in dealilng with particular company. I posted my past experience as a guide to this poster.

It was not my intention to stir up further controversies regarding this particular trading concern again on this forum, and be the target of further vicious personal insults and threats.

If these are the concessions you and certain other concerned parties want to extract from me, then you have my reply in the preceding paragraphs.

Last edited by DVD DVD DVD; 02-22-03 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-22-03, 01:50 AM
Banned

To the forum moderator, if you should decide to lock this particular thread, please post a note stating the reason for your locking this thread for irrelevance to ongoing forum discussions concerning other online trading concerns, so as not to foster the impression of inauthenticity of the contents of my previous posting.

Thank you
Old 02-22-03, 02:05 AM
Banned

After this open letter, I shall have no further desire to compose another post in defense of myself in the very likely event of my receiving further accusations/insults/threats.

My voice has been silenced, this has been the concession certain concerned parties have always wanted to extract from me. Congratulations, you have succeeded.
Old 02-22-03, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This sounds like it should be in the Dvd Exchange Forum?
Old 02-22-03, 03:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude! You act like these forums are your life. Did you get your dvd back from DE? Yes or No. If you did, than stop crying! The company has a right to buy or NOT buy what ever they want. If they didn't like your dvd, then that's the end of the story. Deal with it! I don't even think DE charges you to ship it back to you, do they? I cannot comprehend why in the world people cry about the stupidest things. I'm outta here, because this is the most retarded thread I have ever seen and I'm flabergasted (I have no idea if this is the correct spelling). DE can I get my $5 now! HAHAHA!
Old 02-22-03, 09:12 AM

Alright, here's highlights of DVD DVD DVD's rant against Digitaleyes from Nov. '02(from 3 consecutive posts toward the bottom of page 2 in this thread:http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showth...es&pagenumber=1)

DVD DVD DVD:
How was this issue EVER resolved? I sent in a brand new disc, and Digital Eyes sent me back an all scratched up one?

This is the ONLY instant this EVER happened to me out of the over 100 sales I have done on ebay! No explanation to what happend, only put the books on me to shut me up.

It is my word against theirs. Readers of this thread can believe whatever you want. I have voiced MY experience with them.

And think about this one for a second, when did it ever become a crime to recount one's experience with an e-tailer before? When was the last time you EVER saw someone like myself getting mob lynched for voicing recounting his own negative experience with an e-tailer?

People have lynched me for coming out and recounting my experience with Digital Eyes. Am I the only one that smells something funny going on here!

Digitaleyes:
The disc you sent in was not brand new. Brand new to me would indicate that the DVD was sealed. The one we received from you was not sealed.

I do not think you were "lynch mobbed" because you recounted a bad experience. I think it was more because of the way you handled it. Deleting your posts really made it difficult for anyone to make a judgment on your comments.

We have made mistakes with customers in the past and have received negative comments. That is the nature of having a business. It is absolutely impossible to be perfect and never have anything go wrong. However, we did nothing wrong in your case. We received your discs, inspected them, refused one and paid you immediately.

I did look at the DVD that we returned to you. There were two or three faint scratches on the DVD. Have you received it back yet? You automatically assumed that we switched a disc on you the minute you received the e-mail summarizing the transaction. You did not give us time to even respond to your queries and when we did respond you have still not contacted us. Waging this battle in a forum really is not practical.

I am sorry that you are still so unhappy about the transaction. We followed the policy provided in the quote you accepted. We sent you the EXACT copy that you sent in. There was absolutely no switching of discs. We even paid the return shipping so you are out nothing and you get back your DVD that was not accepted.

DVD DVD DVD:
I would like to issue an apology to Digital Eyes.

It turned out that a friend of mine had borrowed the DVD, and after I told him about the incident, he told me that it was probably himself that scratched up the disc, and neglected to tell me about it afterwards. I didn't check the disc before I sent it to Digital Eyes.

If Digital Eyes would like me to issue a formal apology in the Bargains forum, please contact me, and I will do so at your request.

Again, my sincere apologies for having acted in haste.
Old 02-22-03, 12:46 PM
Banned

Bump
Old 02-22-03, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally posted by DVD DVD DVD
To the forum moderator, if you should decide to lock this particular thread, please post a note stating the reason for your locking this thread for irrelevance to ongoing forum discussions concerning other online trading concerns, so as not to foster the impression of inauthenticity of the contents of my previous posting.

Thank you

Closing this thread because it's much more than feedback on a store it's a serious issue between you and that store which you need to address directly with them.

You are MORE than welcome to start a thread which focuses on yours and other's experiences with an online retailer but we have to draw the line somewhere, and I'm drawing it here.