DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Thank you so much, FYE, for cancelling my order for no good reason whatsoever. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/271378-thank-you-so-much-fye-cancelling-my-order-no-good-reason-whatsoever.html)

cartman 02-14-03 02:11 PM

Thank you so much, FYE, for cancelling my order for no good reason whatsoever.

For some reason this is REALLY P'ing me off. I had placed a few orders a while back using the 20% off coupon, including the Angel Season 1 set. I just received an email stating that they had cancelled it with no explination at all. I got their number from the CS numbers thread (since they refuse to give it on their website), and gave them a call.

The lady tells me that if they don't think they'll have something within 30 days, it's automatically cancelled. I explain about the coupon and pre-order pricing, and how that is all lost now, and she just blew it off. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and she said there wasn't one there. I asked for a # or email for a sup, and she said they didn't know how to contact them. WTF! Now I'm wondering if I should just cancel the rest of my orders for boxed sets and order from somewhere else to make sure I get at least a decent price! ARGH!

smcguire 02-15-03 01:22 PM

Not that it helps you, but my experience was pretty different. I received the cancellation notice for my "Angel - Season One" preorder yesterday (2/14) as well. I called customer server and spoke to a CSR, and was told they were baffled by the sudden rash of Angel cancellations ("the warehouse never tells us what they're doing").

He placed a replacement order for me, although he was honest and said there was no guarantee it would be fulfilled. However he assured me it would be the same price - but then the e-mail about it came and it wasn't. So I called back and spoke to another CSR who looked it over and made adustements.

I don't expect to actually receive the DVDs (I think I'll go to Costco and pick up a backup set) and I'll be checking the bill carefully if I do, but I was fairly impressed with both CSR's - they were helpful, friendly, willing to explain things at length, and seemed genuinely concerned about the problems.

Guess it depends who you get...

(Still the fact that the CSRs and fulfillment departments don't talk to each other is not a good sign.)

--Scott McGuire

Clemson656 02-17-03 12:29 PM

As it is in the other thread, Fye.com has canceled all orders with the 20% coupon (except those early orders). Some thought it was because that the coupon was not supposed to be available to the public. I belive it is so. So, I could understand why they've got to cancel the orders to cut their losses. Yes, for that, you lose some customers. But, if I was a manager/executive at Fye, I might have had to do the same thing.

lumberjack 02-17-03 02:44 PM

Re: all 20% off orders being canceled

My 20% coupon order was not canceled and the first item to be released on this all-preorder order arrived via FedEx this morning, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas Criterion. Did I just jinx the rest of the order?

cartman 02-18-03 11:33 AM

So far, It's just Angel S1 that's been cancelled. I've received some of the order, and the rest of it (and another order) are still "good", assuming they don't immediately go on backorder and thus cancelled... So clearly they aren't cancelling ALL orders that used the 20% off coupon.

smcguire 02-18-03 12:17 PM

Well, I received a shipping notice for the "Angel Season 1" re-order that the CSR placed on Friday to replace my cancelled pre-order, for better or for worse. So the warehouse wasn't really out. The upfront price of the re-order is wrong (got charged shipping and the discount wasn't 20%), and it remains to be seen if I'll be credited the difference after the fact as the CSR claimed.

And while the rest of my order remains in place, now my "Spy Kids 2" is in limbo as opposed to shipped.

I'm not sure whether to assign this to "they're trying to kill off the 20% orders without saying so" or whether it's just incompetence. I lean towards the latter. But I'm not going to call every week to get something re-ordered and hope the charges come out right; if the next pre-order goes south as well I'll just cancel everything.

--Scott McGuire

Sweet Baby James 02-18-03 02:30 PM

Originally posted by smcguire
Well, I received a shipping notice for the "Angel Season 1" re-order that the CSR placed on Friday to replace my cancelled pre-order, for better or for worse. So the warehouse wasn't really out. The upfront price of the re-order is wrong (got charged shipping and the discount wasn't 20%), and it remains to be seen if I'll be credited the difference after the fact as the CSR claimed.

And while the rest of my order remains in place, now my "Spy Kids 2" is in limbo as opposed to shipped.

I'm not sure whether to assign this to "they're trying to kill off the 20% orders without saying so" or whether it's just incompetence. I lean towards the latter. But I'm not going to call every week to get something re-ordered and hope the charges come out right; if the next pre-order goes south as well I'll just cancel everything.

--Scott McGuire

I had to reorder Mildred Pierce for the full price, including shipping and they did indeed credit my card the proper amount.:) It didn't post on my card until a couple of days after I was charged for the new order. I agree that I think that they are incompetent and not trying to reneg on the 20% coupon. I just received Stargate and Spy Kids 2 from this 20% order, but Metropolis went on backorder. Just keep checking your credit card for the refund.

smcguire 02-19-03 11:24 AM

Originally posted by Sweet Baby James
I had to reorder Mildred Pierce for the full price, including shipping and they did indeed credit my card the proper amount.:) It didn't post on my card until a couple of days after I was charged for the new order. I agree that I think that they are incompetent and not trying to reneg on the 20% coupon. I just received Stargate and Spy Kids 2 from this 20% order, but Metropolis went on backorder. Just keep checking your credit card for the refund.
Good to hear. That is assuming, of course, they actually charge my credit card the first time... which so far they've failed to do for the last DVD they shipped to me. (I suppose the charge will show up eventually.)

Spy Kids 2 has moved from "pre-order" to "in process," so things are looking up.

--Scott

Laser Movies 02-19-03 04:50 PM

Originally posted by smcguire
Good to hear. That is assuming, of course, they actually charge my credit card the first time... which so far they've failed to do for the last DVD they shipped to me. (I suppose the charge will show up eventually.)

Or you might not ever get charged. I have some DVDs FYE shipped over a month ago they never charged to my credit card.

new2theplace 02-20-03 09:23 PM

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
Or you might not ever get charged. I have some DVDs FYE shipped over a month ago they never charged to my credit card.
Me too. Actually, I find it very disconcerting....

bdots48 02-21-03 08:01 AM

These guys are so hit-and-miss it is frustrating. They cancelled my Into the West pre-order and it showed in stock 2 days later. They shipped 4 of the 5 I've received so far by Federal Express(!) so I got them the same day I got the shipping confirmation. Now my Metropolis pre-order is stuck on backorder and I have to wait up to 30 days to see if they cancel it. The price was right but what a hassle.

Laser Movies 02-21-03 11:01 AM

Originally posted by bdots48
These guys are so hit-and-miss it is frustrating. They cancelled my Into the West pre-order and it showed in stock 2 days later. They shipped 4 of the 5 I've received so far by Federal Express(!) so I got them the same day I got the shipping confirmation. Now my Metropolis pre-order is stuck on backorder and I have to wait up to 30 days to see if they cancel it. The price was right but what a hassle.
I am in the same situation with Metropolis on backorder. I don't know if anyone had that title ship from FYE.