Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Just Placed My First Order With DDD, Could someone please advise!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-23-03, 09:00 PM

I've just placed my first order with Deepdiscountdvd.com. The order seemed to go through but when I immediately after checked my order status it said no open orders and my order didn't appear. Does it take a while for my order to appear on my order status? I know it takes them 24 hours to email you but I thought my order would show up straight away. So do you think it went through or not?
Thanks
Old 01-23-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It takes a while ... sometimes orders will never show. But they usually come through.
Old 01-23-03, 09:16 PM

Thanks for that BigPete I nearly ordered it again thinking it hadn't gone through.
Old 01-23-03, 10:52 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

As long as you get a confirmation email you should be fine. It usually takes 24-48 hours before it's on the order status page. I've ordered from them many times and never had a problem.
Old 01-24-03, 09:50 AM

Thanks guys got the confirmation email this morning went to see if it was on my order status and there it was.
Old 01-24-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JamesBrian
..... Never had a problem with DDD, except the new site is slow.

Remember on your next order to use the returning US customer discount shipping option, the last option on the shipping drop down box. Buy at least 5 items and shipping is about $2 US per item and gets a bit cheaper the more you buy. DDD prices and two bucks shipping is hard to beat on small orders. And all those great movies for $40HK !

James - I believe the original poster is referring to DeepDiscountDVD, not DDDHouse (which is my favorite source for HK dvds).
Old 01-29-03, 09:38 PM

The only problem I have continually with DeepDiscountDVD is that they occasionally do not send out emails that items were shipped.

They will routinely send out order confirmations showing receipts of orders, but often do not let you know the order was indeed shipped. However, if there is a question whether the order shipped, just a call to their customer service phone number will clear it up.
Old 01-30-03, 06:41 PM

In the 5 orders I have placed in the past 2 years, I have never once received a confirmation email when the order was placed, nor a shipping confirmation email when the item is shipped. My order status page was always a week behind. Which meant that
by the time the order shipped, it would finally show up on my order status, and then I usually received the dvd by the time the site order page listed it as shipped. Nice people though. If they fixed up the site a little, I would give them more business.