Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buffy Season 3 @ Amazon.ca

Old 01-20-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Buffy Season 3 @ Amazon.ca

Has anyone recieved theirs yet? I got a shipping date of Jan. 2nd...said it usually takes 12-18 days. I've never ordered through them before and I'm having Buffy withdrawl.
Old 01-20-03, 12:16 PM
Cool New Member

I received mine although one of the 6 discs was scratched... Luckily for me, Amazon.ca is sending me out a replacement box set with no problems (currently waiting on).

I'm in OH and it took two weeks for it to come.
Old 01-20-03, 10:33 PM

My copy was shipped on Dec 30th. Hasn't arrived yet. Last box set I ordered from Amazon.ca took 4 weeks with normal shipping.
Old 01-21-03, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Originally posted by slaughter22
I received mine although one of the 6 discs was scratched... Luckily for me, Amazon.ca is sending me out a replacement box set with no problems (currently waiting on).

I'm in OH and it took two weeks for it to come.
Pretty much the exact same story here in Wisconsin.
Old 01-21-03, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by movielib
Pretty much the exact same story here in Wisconsin.
When did yours ship?
Old 01-21-03, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DumDum
When did yours ship?
My first set shipped on December 31 and I received it on January 11. That set had a loose, scratched number 2 disc and I emailed them about it that day. I received a reply on January 12 and my replacement set shipped on January 13. I'm waiting for that one to arrive.
Old 01-21-03, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okey doke. Thanks!
Old 01-23-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got it. Everything was intact
Old 01-24-03, 09:34 AM
Cool New Member

I recived mine a week ago. Disc 2 was lose but didn't look too badly scratched. I'm through the seocnd episode with no problems.
Old 02-03-03, 10:30 AM

Still no word of my Buffy Season 3 shipped on 30th of December. I emailed them today and they said if I haven't received my package by March 7th I should contact them again.

The delivery estimate on for my order is 10th February - 24th February (that's the 6 - 8 weeks). Why do I have to wait yet another extra 2 weeks after the 8 weeks?? What are the chances that I would actually get my package after eight weeks????

I thought amazon.ca was usually pretty cool about these things. I mean 10 weeks is even longer than at DVDSoon where you have to wait 60 days before they send a replacement.
Old 02-03-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Mikkis
Still no word of my Buffy Season 3 shipped on 30th of December. I emailed them today and they said if I haven't received my package by March 7th I should contact them again.

The delivery estimate on for my order is 10th February - 24th February (that's the 6 - 8 weeks). Why do I have to wait yet another extra 2 weeks after the 8 weeks?? What are the chances that I would actually get my package after eight weeks????

I thought amazon.ca was usually pretty cool about these things. I mean 10 weeks is even longer than at DVDSoon where you have to wait 60 days before they send a replacement.
That seems pretty ridiculous of them. I received one with a scratched disc on January 11 and received a replacement set on January 25. See my posts, above.

Yours sure seems lost.