Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy Rant...about my missing digital coupons

Old 01-17-03, 04:07 PM

Best Buy Rant...about my missing digital coupons

Here is my story:

A couple weeks ago I made an order for a couple dvds using 2 $5.00 digital coupons. I made the order for in store pickup.

Turns out that Best Buy didnt have them in stock...so they cancel my order.

I check out my account yesterday and alas I have no more coupons. I call CS and ask to be credited the $10.00 in coupons.

The girl says she cant and has to send a note to the promotions department to find out if they can give me new coupons.

Ya know...I have ordered from best buy.com 35 times in the past year and they cant credit my account 10 dollars that is rightfully mine. Once again I question myself doing business with this company. Its really too bad that they have to aggravate customers with stupid policies like this, when they can damn well see I should get a new coupon or coupons.
Old 01-20-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had some problems with their digital coupons a few weeks ago. I had recieved codes for the Goldmember and Minority Report discs. Turns out both coupon codes that they sent would not work. I e-mailed them about it several times, and they sent me step by step instructions how to apply the codes and all that crap. One response I got was to cut and paste the codes and do it that way. (Gee, I never thought of that!) Anyway I had to call and place the order over the phone and give the guy these codes, which of course worked for him
Old 01-21-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I never got the $5 digital coupon for pre-ordering "Minority Report". Then after a month of emails back & forth, they sent me my $5 digial coupon this past Sunday. Decided to used it towards Bourne Identity. (Note: Yes, I know you can't use it on pre-orders so I waited until today-ala Tuesday-to order it via the site.) Ordered it this morning, used the digital coupon (no problems, although orginially I thought I typed the wrong number) and selected in-store pickup. (I'm going to be in the area on Thursday morning so why bother having them send it via mail to me.) Then this afternoon, I clicked on my email and not only got the order acknowledgement email but also the store-pickup email confirmation email. So I just need to print the latter email out and I'm all set to pickup "Bourne Identity" this Thursday morning.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 01-21-03 at 04:54 PM.