DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Dell Sucks!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/263976-dell-sucks.html)

Cyberock 01-15-03 01:08 AM

Dell Sucks!!!

I went to the consumer electronic's show on Saturday in Las Vegas. Dell had a booth there where people could place orders and one of their reps could punch in a code to give you 15% off. I decided to order a Dell Axim since it seemed like a great deal with the 15% off and free shipping. I received an email with my order acknowledgement after doing that but never a final order confirmation. I decided to call Dell on monday to find out what was going on. After being tossed around from one person to another and sitting on hold for about 2 hours, they told me my order was put on hold and they had no idea why. They said someone put notes on the order and was not releasing it but she could not see these notes. To also show how unprofessional their reps are, I had to sit and listen to this story of how the rep's friend hurt her feelings when she got rated a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. She feels she's an 8 and that what her friend did to her made her so sad and how she's been crying for the last day. Then she asked me about diets. After all that, I decided to call back again since I wasn't going to take "I don't know" as an answer. After being tossed around again, I was told my order was a dead order and that I would need to reorder. I said no problem but I want the same price I got at the show. Again, I got tossed around from one person to another for another 2 hours. Then their customer service rep told me that if I placed an order online again, that they would go in and adjust it afterwards to the price I got at CES. I placed the order and to my luck, the order got put on hold again and became a dead order once again. I decided to call in and place the order online. Just when I thought everything was great, I checked the status of my order online that I placed over the phone and noticed they put the wrong address on it. I called in to get the address fixed and this time I only got tossed around for about 30 minutes. I finally demanded a manager and I got another customer service rep who refused to transfer me to a manager. He looked everything over and said he would put the request in for the address change and would make sure I would get my credit back on the price difference on the next billing cycle. Something I left out is that I asked to speak to a manager many times during this ordeal and most of the time they refused to transfer me or just disconnected me. Well, I checked the order status tonight and to my luck, Dell cancelled the order. I don't understand the nightmare I had to go through with Dell. I thought they were suppose to be one of the best places for customer service. Whoever said that, sure was wrong. After wasting 6 hours (which is no exaggeration) on the phone with them, I still don't have a successful order for an Axim. 3 orders and no luck!

jiggyblau 01-15-03 08:02 AM

Dude! You're gettin' a Palm!

Shay 01-15-03 03:17 PM

If you think their customer service is bad, then just wait to talk to their outsourced techinal support.