DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Question about returns to Amazon.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/263254-question-about-returns-amazon-com.html)

danwiz 01-12-03 01:36 AM

Question about returns to Amazon.com

Has anybody ever tried to return anything to Amazon.com because it was defective? In my particular set of BTTF, Disc 3 has a manufacturing defect in chapter 15. The problem is a bit difficult to explain, but it ultimately freezes my DVD player and sends me back to the beginning of the movie. Seeing as this is BTTF, I can wait and send discs 2 & 3 in to Universal and get replacements.

BUT -- it occured to me that if this was NOT BTTF then I would have to follow another route for replacement. Amazon.com's return policy specifically states "... in unopened or original condition within 30 days for a full refund ..." Has anybody ever sent in a defective disc to Amazon.com for replacement? Obviously it is not going to be in unopened condition!

I'm in Japan, so I cannot call the "toll free" 1-800 number for free, otherwise I would just call them to clarify this issue for myself.

Thanks,
danwiz

Static Cling 01-12-03 02:19 AM

Let's see if the people in the Store Forum know. Moving thread.

J-Dubya 01-12-03 04:16 AM

I've returned scratched dvds to amazon, but they take returns via UPS so I think the problem for you would be your location rather than what was wrong.

Laser Movies 01-12-03 11:35 AM

I have returned DVDs several times to Amazon without any problems. They will exchange a defective DVD at no cost to you if you do it within 30 days. You can do returns either through the site or call customer service. If you do it through the site you will need a printer to print out a return shipping label. If you call they will send a return label with the replacement DVD. But since it is BTTF maybe it would be better to wait and exchange them for the corrected copies. However, I don't know for sure if Universal is exchanging DVDs outside of the United States.

I should add that Amazon always sent me pre-paid return labels to use through USPS. Never received UPS label as the other person in the thread mentioned.

danwiz 01-12-03 06:07 PM

Thank you guys - I appreciate the time you spent on answering this!

danwiz

renaldow 01-13-03 12:54 AM

All of my returns to them have been through prepaid USPS label, never through UPS. And as mentioned, they'll take back defective discs if they are opened, and if it was a problem caused by shipping they will take it back and refund if you want; no exchange necessary.

I bought Buff S2 from them and it arrived smashed to pieced, all the discs floating and scratched. They took it back and refunded my $$ when I explained that I didn't want to have to return another set smashed in shipping.

thebargainguy 01-13-03 10:28 AM

I only ever made 1 return to amazon and didnt have any trouble. but it did take a while for them to credit my acount.

thebargainguy 01-13-03 10:29 AM

oh...mine was UPSP too.