Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy store credit card: Anyone have problems getting the CG?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-08-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

I signed up for the Best Buy store credit card in September due to the promise of a free $20 GC. I still haven't receieved mine. I've tried calling the 800 number on the CC, but I have had no luck in reaching a live person. Has anyone else had problems with this?
Old 01-09-03, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy store credit card: Anyone have problems getting the CG?

Originally posted by majorjoe23
I signed up for the Best Buy store credit card in September due to the promise of a free $20 GC. I still haven't receieved mine. I've tried calling the 800 number on the CC, but I have had no luck in reaching a live person. Has anyone else had problems with this?
Do you have that promise anywhere in writing?

I've heard them try to offer GC's when getting you to sign up for the BestBuy Mastercard or whatever card that is besides their store card so that you can use it elsewhere as well. (Their spiel was: "If you check this box here instead, I'll give you a GiftCard to spend here in our store!") When I signed up I only signed up for the store card, I didn't need another Mastercard or whatever brand it was. When they did that kind of offer, I believe the GC was given immediately to the customer there in the store once the application was approved.

If you don't have anything in writing, you may be out of luck.
Old 01-09-03, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The offer I was told about was $25 GC when you apply for the M/C from Household bank at the same time as the Best Buy card that is serviced by another part of Household International called Household retail services.

They told me I did not even need to use it to get this gift cert. I ended up getting them to give me a credit for $25 to my Best Buy Card because I was not planning on using it and just wanted the $25 GC.

Of course later I had second thoughts and used the card to get the $25 gc

ended up with $50 for my trouble.
Old 01-09-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts
I don't believe I have anything in writing, I'll check and see if I still have the brochure at home and if that mentioned anything. I remember hoping to use that card on Star Wars, then Spider-Man, then Lord of the Rings, now I'm hoping to get it in time for the X-Men SE.

Between this and the $20 Amazon never sent from their card I'm not doing so well with the GCs.
Old 01-09-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I applied for a BB card yesterday and I was offered the same deal as gcribbs: sign up for the Household MC and I'll get the giftcard. I have enough credit so I declined.