Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Are the DVD prices listed on Best Buy's website the same as a Best Buy B&M store?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Are the DVD prices listed on Best Buy's website the same as a Best Buy B&M store?

Old 12-11-02, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at several DVD titles where are cheaper at Best Buy than at my job. Are these prices the same as a Best Buy B&M or should I just call them up?anyone know anything about Best Buy's website prices VS Best Buy B&M prices? Is there a difference or are they one and the same?

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-11-02, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

different and they wont price match, just use in store pickup if you want.
Old 12-11-02, 02:00 AM
Banned

I was thinking of price matching these DVD's at my job.Why do their online prices conflict with thier B&M's stores?
Old 12-11-02, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the most part, they are close to the same ... however, they do often offer sales online like $2 off all paramount titles, etc that aren't carried through.
Old 12-11-02, 02:24 AM
Banned

Does this that American Beauty and American Outlaws are $14.99 at BB B&M stores? That the price they had listed for them online.
Old 12-11-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Aaron Amos
Does this that American Beauty and American Outlaws are $14.99 at BB B&M stores? That the price they had listed for them online.
I'm pretty sure those are the in-store prices of those two titles, though American Beauty has been as low as 11.99 during a sale ....
Old 12-11-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've always found the online and B&M prices to be the same. The only time I remember them being different is when there is a sale that is web-only or store-only.
Old 01-03-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The prices may be different because they are two separate entities. Like Victoria's Secret stores and their catalog are two separate entities, they carry many identical items but each has stuff the other doesn't have, have different sales, and have items the other doesn't carry.
Old 01-05-03, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by D-Ball
I've always found the online and B&M prices to be the same. The only time I remember them being different is when there is a sale that is web-only or store-only.
My experiences are the same. There was another thread about this too awhile ago and people agreed it did or didn't through their experiences. FWIW, at the 3 area stores I've been too I've found that the actual purchase price is always the same. I was told by an employee that the registers and website use the same pricing database, and it's always going to ring up in store at the lowest price. For example, there were 2 DVD's listed on the website at $19.99, in store price tag showed around $23.99. At the register they rang up at the $19.99 price.

On the flip side of that, when I've done pre-orders on the site for $19.99 and then the B&M's do a special for $14.99 during 1st week of release, I've only been charged $14.99 from my web order.

The only exceptions I've found to this are when an individual store has an instore only special (at that location) or if the website has a web-only special deal going.