Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I Hate Fry's

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-02, 10:53 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Hate Fry's

Well I just recently got my hands on a canon elph powershot s100 from a friend. The thing was he lost the power cord and usb cables. Well I was told that fry's could help me out. When I went there...not only did the service people were making go in every direction EXCEPT where I needed to go, but when I finally got to the right place, I was told immediately that they couldn't help me and that no one could. I was told to go to the manufacture. Irriated I decided to stop at a camera shop called WOLF's. Immediately they gave me everything that I needed (not made by canon). All in all...horrible service at fry's, and not a good deal there either. Warcraft III was on sell for $50, where you can get it almost anywhere else for $30. RIP OFF!!!!
Old 12-10-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Even if you DID find what you need, getting through the checkout is a whole another nightmare.
Old 12-10-02, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Went to Fry's one day to take a look at the cell phone offers. At the Samsung A500 display for Sprint there was a sign that said "$100 off with free camera". That was a pretty good deal. The Sprint representative that was working there was busy talking to another customer so I stopped a Fry's employee as he was rushing throught the aisle. I asked him about the phone and he said "you don't get $100 off".

I was like... "what? Read the sign." He looked at it and said "that promotion is over". At about this time the Sprint rep turned around and asked what the hell he meant by "the promotion was over. It just started."

There was about 2 minutes of arguing between the two about how the Sprint guy hates working there and the way Fry's keep changing their promos so suddenly. The Fry's employee then angrily tore the promo sign down and yelled that he's going to go ask his manager.

Minutes later he came back and practically spat in my face, "I can't give you the phone! Go! Go to Circuit City!"

Talk about service huh?
Old 12-10-02, 06:01 PM

hahaha!

dunno if circuit would be much better though...

btw, thats a SWEET phone, thats the one i have. it does have a $100 MIR and a free camera going on now from sprint. GET IT!
Old 12-10-02, 06:05 PM
Banned

Never liked French fries anyways
Old 12-11-02, 09:35 AM
Cool New Member

so sad