Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Backorders At DeepDiscountDVD?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-04-02, 11:08 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it an odd business practice to not show an item as being on backorder until you actually send them the orders. Only later, you can find that information under your account/order status.

I am trying to be positive about this, but it's an unpleasant first experience with them.

Is there an explanation for this?

Ricardo
Old 12-04-02, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Usually (but not always), an item will be flagged as backordered when you put it in your shopping cart.
However, to put a positive spin on things, the few times I've had something backordered there, it still shipped out to me within a few days.
The one time I didn't want to wait, I sent an e-mail asking to cancel it, and they did it promptly without any hassle.
Old 12-05-02, 11:39 AM

The solution to all of this is that if you are in doubt (or just want to make sure) that an item is in stock, you can call the 800-number (800-264-5076).

They will tell you if it is in stock or on backorder. When you hear their answer, then you can determine if you want to order it.

I know what Ricardo41 is talking about. It would be just so much simpler if you could find out the status BEFORE you order!