Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Future Shop (Canada) question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-02, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they offer price matching? If so, what are the restrictions, if any?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-02, 04:01 PM
Cool New Member

I pricematched Quickbooks Pro 2002 at their store to a local seller.
They are supposed to offer 110% guarantee meaning if you find a local seller who has the product in stock and it's not a clearance/one of a kind/etc, they are to sell you the item at the price of the competitor plus 10% of the difference.
For example, futureshop had QB for $330 and a local seller had it for $240 I think. So they sold it for $240 - $9 (10% of $90).
I believe you need to bring a copy of the advertisement to the store.
I've done pricematching for computer items which is the best since local sellers are quicker to implement price cuts than future shop.
Old 12-02-02, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yo, I used to work at Future Shop for awile and what jandaman said is correct, just one note though. The store that has the item that you want price matched has to have the actual item in stock, sometimes the employee will call and confirm it, sometimes they dont, depends on the laziness of the employee.

Also, FS has a price protection on their products for 30 days, meaning if you buy an item for $100, and in that 30 days, it goes down to $95, u can bring in the recipet and get the difference back + 10%

I wish I still worked for them for the staff discount
Old 12-09-02, 01:40 AM

what kind of discount did u get?
Old 12-09-02, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't remember the exact amount of the discount but it was at cost + 5 or 10% I forget which, it was no fixed amount or anything. I worked in home theatre and some items I bought on staff purchase for example were a Kenwood receiver ($499) I bought it for $362. Sony speakers were ($399), I got them for $270. Plus I bought all acoustic research cables, optical, component, surge protecter, and also some 12 gauge speaker wire, those were all less than half price. I took the extended warrenties as well since we got 55% off of those.

All in All, I bought about $1200 worth of items for $800 so a savings of $400 wasnt all too bad.

You dont really save much on cds, dvds, etc since the sale price is usually cheaper, what is really wierd, you get zero dollars off on ps2 and games and accesories, and I am pretty sure that is the only item we never made commision off of.