Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Soon Buyer Beware-

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Soon Buyer Beware-

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-02, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Soon Buyer Beware-

I have been a happy DVD Soon customer from before they became large online etailer and have placed many, many large orders with the company. However I have run into a problem with them and they are refusing to both fix the problem and are now ignoring my emails over the past few days. I have tried calling during their business hours numerous times (at my expense) and no one is there as it always rings only "once" before getting their machine. Here is the problem-

Over 2 months ago I ordered the Are You Being Served DVD Boxset for $101.26 Canadian. When the order shipped via Purgulator (which has a weight of what is shipped BTW) they sent to me instead the $22.98 Are You Being Served Movie. I emailed them and told them of the problem and they said to send the DVD back and they would send out the boxset. No problem as I had this problem occur once before where they sent me the X-Files Season 1 boxset instead of the Star Trek:TNG boxset which I ordered from them. I sent the DVD back via airmail. A few weeks past and emailed them expecting that they had received the DVD like in the past situation but they said "nothing yet". Fair enough. I waited a month and still nothing. They said that I had to wait 60 days before they knew for sure it was lost. 2 months go by and tell them obviously it has gotten lost and even though if they sent me my Boxset in the 1st place I wouldn't have this problem I told them to charge my C/C for the $22.98 Are You Being Served Movie which apparently went missing so that they could finally send me my $101.26 boxset which I paid for over 2 months ago.

I received replies not answering my questions like this one-

Dear Sir,

We are not responsible when you ship back an item. If we don't receive your
return, we can't credit it to your account.

Thank you for your understanding.

If you should need anything else, please, don't hesitate to contact me again.
Have a nice day.
------------------------------------------
Roseline Arseneault
Customer Service
DVDSoon.com
[email protected]

???? After being run around in circles I emailed the Administaor whom posted in the aus.dvd newsgroup to see if she could help. She forwarded my email on to someone else and here is DVD Soon's reply-

Dear Sir,

That message was forwarded to me by Sarah.

What the last response meant is that, as a policy, we do not take responsibility for the loss of an item that is sent back to us (even though there was an error in the order). The reason for this policy is that, unfortunately, customers have abused our trust in the past. So, we neither do cross shipping or take
responsibility for a lost return shipping.

However, from our experience, we know it can take quite a while sometimes to receive a shipment from Australia (the longest we've seen is more than 2 months, via air mail). Also, we receive our return mail by batch, once a week, and we have not yet received this week's batch.

If you want to reorder it now, you are, of course, free to do so. But we can't just "charge your card" for the simple reason that we do not keep financial information. What we are ready to do, though, is charge you the price you initially paid for the item you wanted. Since we can't arbitrarily change a price on the website for a single order, we would need you to send us the new
confirmation email. We can then issue a credit to your account for the difference.

We are sincerly sorry for all the trouble you experienced. To try to compensate, I just issued a $ 5.00 CAD credit to your account that you can use for an order or refund to your credit card.

PS::
If you need to talk to someone, you can ask for Sébastien Dumais (that's me).

---------------------
Sébastien Dumais
DVDSoon.com
Here's how I interpret their email- Bad luck we are not going to send you the Boxset that you have already paid for and not received but we are willing to charge you again the same price we have already charged you 2 months ago so we can try to send you the right product this time. Unbeliveable. Keep your $5 credit DVDSoon and send me my $101.26 boxset I paid for and didn't receive which they can verify via the weight on the package. Since receiving that email I have tried to call DVD Soon to speak to Sébastien Dumais but as I mentioned before it seems customer service has dissapeared along with any chance of seeing my boxset. Replies via email have also met without reply over the past 5 days. It seems it would be cheaper for me to order the $22.98 Are You Being Served Movie from another etailer, send it to DVD Soon via Fedex (so that it's both trackable even though I won't get reinbursed for shipping using this method) so I can finally get my DVD Boxset out of them but I shouldn't have to do this and I won't.

I am contacting my Credit Card merchant to see if I can get my money back.

As the heading says buyer beware with DVD Soon as DVD Soon has lost a customer here.

Spero D.
Old 11-21-02, 08:31 AM

That's too bad. I guess I'm lucky because I chose Amazon.ca over dvdsoon for ordering X-files S6.
Old 11-25-02, 12:03 AM

Mmm, thats about the response I was given when I ordered over a hundred dollars can. of dvd's. The shipment went missing! somewhere along the line and never showed up. After several emails and getting the same canned response from them I was fed up with them.

It seems that all shipments with a value over 100.00ca shipped by a small business etc. are insured by Canada Post automatically. Not sure whether that applies to international shipments though. I informed them of that and and said that I would pursue the matter with Canada Post. That didn't even get a response.

Finally after 30 days I contacted my CC company and had them reverse the charge.

I don't know if you have enough time. What is your CC companies policy on the time limit for chargebacks?

All I know is that something seems a little rotten about that operation.