Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon refunds shipping for damaged returns?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-10-02, 01:26 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a collector's boxset from amazon and it arrived damaged. So I went to their returns department online, selected the replacement instead of the refund option and printed a UPS return label.

Now they received the item and refunded my purchase minus the $2.98 shipping (didn't they proclaim free shipping?) instead. I didn't mind they screwed up about replacing the order since I am picking it up at BB using the PCW 10% coupon. But, should they refund the shipping as well because the item arrived damaged? Anyone in similar situation?
Old 11-10-02, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon refunds shipping for damaged returns?

Originally posted by eau
I ordered a collector's boxset from amazon and it arrived damaged. So I went to their returns department online, selected the replacement instead of the refund option and printed a UPS return label.

Now they received the item and refunded my purchase minus the $2.98 shipping (didn't they proclaim free shipping?) instead. I didn't mind they screwed up about replacing the order since I am picking it up at BB using the PCW 10% coupon. But, should they refund the shipping as well because the item arrived damaged? Anyone in similar situation?
Send them an email and ask them about refunding shipping.

The default for returning an item is to deduct return shipping charges if the item you returned is not defective. Depending on how you answered the online return questions, you may have been charged by mistake.

When I returned a couple items that weren't defective, Amazon's online label wasn't working, so I paid for shipping myself. When I noticed Amazon deduced return shipping, I just sent an email indicating I paid for return shipping, and Amazon credited me the remaining amt.
Old 08-02-06, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm bumping this thread because I returned a damaged Brisco County box set last tuesday using their prepaid return label. Its now Wednesday and I have yet to receive an email from them saying they've received my shipment. Does it normally take longer than a week to arrive when using their prepaid "media mail" label?
Old 08-03-06, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert
I'm bumping this thread because I returned a damaged Brisco County box set last tuesday using their prepaid return label. Its now Wednesday and I have yet to receive an email from them saying they've received my shipment. Does it normally take longer than a week to arrive when using their prepaid "media mail" label?
It usually takes from ten days to two weeks whenever I had to make a return. You'll probably get an email in the next day or two. You can always check the status of your original order. If they have received the returned item, it will be listed at the bottom of the order status page. BTW, that's quite a bump.