Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

warning: DON'T Buy from www.Mailordercomics.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-21-02, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

***Warning*** to all those who buy comic books. Mailordercomics.com is the worst place to go and order anything. they suck big time. a couple of us order from them for the first time and will never buy from them again. Really bad service. NEVER respond to numerous emails!!! NEVER answer phone calls always goes to voice mails!!! NEVER call back!!!

You would not like to be in the situation that I'm in right now with them.

******DON"T ORDER FROM THEM it will be the biggest mistake of you life*******

***please this pass on to all your friends that might order comics***

was charge for the whole order 3 months ago and only recieve 1/3 of order.

order was place in june 2002

credit card charge shows up in july 2002 (in the full order amount)

recieve 1/3 of the order in august 2002

been emailing and calling numerous times ever since the end of august regard the rest of order.

no luck in response of email or phone calls.

AGAIN pass this on to everyone you know. Mailordercomics.com SUCKS!!
Old 10-22-02, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
Call your credit card company and tell them you want to dispute the charge. If Mailordercomics wants to get paid, they'll have to work it out with them. You'll either get what you ordered or get your money back. Either way, you're off the hook and they will have the disadvantage. If you're lucky, you might get a full refund and get to keep the stuff you already got.
Old 10-22-02, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used Westfield for over 15 years now with no problems.

www.westfieldcompany.com

Mailordercomics was just a Westfield wannabe, IMO. Westfield was around a lot longer and knows how to do it right.
Old 10-23-02, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,800 Posts
Are you a regular customer?

MailOrderComics looks like a subscription service, where you pre-order items from the monthly PREVIEWS catalog.

Is the outstanding 2/3 of your order items that haven't shipped yet? It's not unusual for comics publishers to put out things months after they were scheduled to ship.

If so, they might be holding the rest of your order until everything arrives. Especially if you've only placed the one order. If you'd placed an order each month, then the items that shipped late would've been included in your next order. That's generally how comics subscription services work.
Old 10-23-02, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Both mailordercomics and westfield are subscription services. Westfield also has you preorder stuff from a catalogue, you prepay for it, they charge you when you place your order. I have never had a problem with this type of system. In fact, every six months or so, they write off back ordered items that look like they will never come in and suddenly you find yourself with a nice, fat credit on your account and it's like getting a month of comics for free, tho it's your own money they are crediting back to you, but it's all good. But Westfield has outstanding customer service, that is for certain, and will reply personally to your emails and phone calls. You can usually reach your account rep by phone the first time you call anyway.
Old 10-23-02, 05:16 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've used Mile High Comics' NICE before and they only charge you when they ship but things don't work so good if you don't pay by credit card. I eventually stopped using them because I wasn't buying enough to justify shipping charges and they charge tax to CA.